babal

edited November 2015 in General
yeet

Comments

• then how do people know who's who in Guam? I always hear about the big division between Chamorros & Filipinos. If they look the same (and many have the same last names), then how do people know who to discriminate against? 
  • Ask them to use these 3 words in a sentence and you will definitly know the difference. "DEFENSE, DETAIL AND DEFEAT"
  • haha, so accent/language is the only thing that distinguishes them?
  • One of them boy.
  • Can you tell Chuukese from Mortlockese?  There are either Chuukese Mortlockes or Pohnpean Mortlockese and perhaps few can tell.
  • Well it's hard to tell because they're all Micronesians. But Filipinos are Asians and Chamorros are Micronesians, so the difference should be very clear
  • If a woman, lift the skirt. If a man, lift the loin cloth. You will find the difference.
  • I'm truely sorry. My bad. This thread is about guamanian /philipinos
  • I heard orientals are horizontal instead vertical smile.
  • Filipinos arent oriental though 
  • I think they have similar features ..can't help it, with all that SPANISH effect. :)
  • Chamorros are generally bigger sets. Filipinos are small.

Filipinas have very small flat chest and dark tits; Chamorritas have huge boobs and pink tits.

• 50NGAW, you must be cia agent or a peeping tom.  Thanks for the infos.
  • @maggot. Most Filipinos have 0 Spanish blood. Filipinos are a mixture of Austronesian & the native blacks (Negritos). Chamorros are the same admixture but probably have more Spanish & American blood.

@50NGAW: yeah I've heard that Chamorros are bigger, but is there anything in facial features that makes them look different?
  • TDJakes, in fact I am both plus Filipina/Chamolinian heartbreaker....lol I see them all the time, as a doctor.
  • ^ lol. And what's the difference?
  • Whta is the rational of this thread? Another racist discussion? What the heck......

• you can discuss race without being racist... And they're practically the same race, so there's no racism. 
  • Rephrased: Why inquiring 'distinguishing features' (physical appearances) of the Chamorros in comparison with the Filipinos? Whats your ulterior motives?

• I suggest you need to study alot about Austronesian people so that you'll find out that Filipinos are not Asians...

• Seriously, your thread will incite racism and otherw will wonder why Chamorros -vs- Filipino, why not other FSM people -vs- other ethnic people,,,,Personally, this thread should be null and void.
  • Austronesian covers all of the islands of Southeast Asia plus Micronesian, Melanesia, Polynesia and Madagascar (near Africa). It has nothing to do with Asian vs Pacific Islander. So yes, Filipinos are Asian AND Austronesians. Chamorros are Micronesian AND Austronesian. 

And I made it about Chamorros vs Filipinos because they're similar and share a lot of history, but for some reason there's a divide in Guam. 
  • I am very much aware about Austronesian history and its vastness of proximity - culture, language, customs, etc...

Q: Do you know the history of Guam/Northern Marianas and how Filipinos set foot on the islands?

• Your statement: "you can discuss race without being racist... And they're practically the same race, so there's no racism." somehow contradict your other statement: "then how do people know who's who in Guam? I always hear about the big division between Chamorros & Filipinos. If they look the same (and many have the same last names), then how do people know who to discriminate against?"
  • Even before the Spanish brought Filipinos, the people of Guam were descended from areas of the Philippines. The Austronesians originated with Taiwanese Aborigines, then they went South into the Philippines. From there, there is debate whether they went directly from the Philippines to Micronesia, or if they went through Indonesia first and then went to Micronesia. But either way, they can be traced back to the Philippines.

In fact, there's a tribe called "Tao" in Taiwan. It's considered the closest relatives to Filipinos. "Tao" means "people" in their language. In most Filipino languages, "tao" also means people and there are several tribes who use that name. The original people of Guam were called "Taotao tano" "people of the land" So even from Taiwan, to the Philippines, to Guam, they kept the "Tao." So to me, we're all the same tribe, just different places. 
  • Im saying, I can understand discrimination in the US. It's black and white. You can see it. But I dont understand it in Guam. If supposedly you cant tell them apart, then how does it function? They even share most of the same last names and they communicate in English. 
  • imagei think its easier to differentiate if we compare with the pure chamarros who are darker because the mix looks alot like filipinoes... dats by appearance but if by their accent especially wen speakn in english filipino's accent  o doubt is easy to identify.. 
  • Well many of the recent Filipinos who go to Guam (and abroad in general) are more Chinese-mixed. That's because the Chinese make up a lot of the well-off people in the Philippines. They're the ones who can afford to leave the country. You dont see the very native-looking indigenous Filipinos in Guam or the US. I think they look similar to Micronesians, but smaller build.