ISOKELEKEL WAS A MARSHALLESE

edited May 2013 in General
"From the east he came" 

Comments

• Aet-_isokelekel ilo ao lomnak k kar armej in majel. Konke kolak lale won to rej ital Nan kapilong Im bok anjo iion er. -armej ro me rej jejrarork Jen lolelaplap Nan kapilong aolep iien rej anjo Jen rikapilong.
  • Rikapilong rej ba"isokelkel ar jejrakrok Jen AL-TAK(sunrise/East) im komman kobata iion armej in ponape(kapilong)Im lei ar anjo io ier.
  • llo bwebwenato in majol koj armej in lolelaplap jej kujon koman kobata ibben armej in kapilong(ponape,kosrae,wolai,pinglep,mokil,kapinmarangi)I'm ilo iien kobata koj Jen lolelaplap jej kujon anjo Jen armej in kapilong.
  • Mool men in armej in lolelaplap rar komman bun im be do ibben rikapilong. Lale mok armej in mokil,pinglep rej kemejmej Im jela via in lolelaplap/majol.
  • Ilo man tin majel kapilong ej Jo me koj ej komman tarinae Ieh?? Konke ekkar Nan ritto ro ej injo me elap an armej in lolelaplap kujon kommam tarinae eah
  • Rikapilong rej ba Ellap aer kar bonbon im aitok ak kolak baj lale irooj ran ilo kapilong me elap burrej I'm ao Jan aer rej I'm jar itok Jen lolelalplap,konke koj jen lolelaplap ej ijome rikapilong rej ba anij ko ak an in ro are rej jebar Jen ei. Lake mok kwoj Jen al tak ask er Jen al tu . Isokelkel ar ak Jen al tak.
  • Koj rimajol elap an rikapilong dike koj lonke rejela k isokelkel k Kar ri majel kio rej ba isokelkel rikilbat....ebor...armej in kilabat elap aet nak jejrakrok ilo meto ak ilojet. K ij na rilolelaplap rar im rej irooj iion rikapilong.
  • Hello Komero,

Kom jela kajen li Wise im bar ledrik eao etan in le Class ke? BTW, Dr. John ebar lukul aitoktok r kilbat eo. Is he still alive?
  • Stupid! Marshallese speak English!!!!!!!
  • Given the many block-heads here, I might just start speaking Hindu to avoid lamaro from kelonan da ijba. Oh well, some Richard heads just wont give up on something that is becoming very annoying and resultant. Why don't you ruo etal im leba badjik ilo Motel 6? elab amian kolan mono ro. lol
  • ssemoon wtf u saying? U talking trash? If so same 2 you.
  • reaper whats a rilolelaplap? 
  • LOLELAPLAP=is the name of our islands which our ancestors called before it was named MARSHALL ISLANDS.
  • Stupid! Marshallese speak English!!!!!!!
    eh beat it!
  • LOLELAPLAP=is the name of our islands which our ancestors called before it was named MARSHALL ISLANDS.
    oh, i thought it was always called "ailong kein ad." cool to know'
  • He isokelekek was indeed from the east but that don't mean he was from Marshalls,from the east you have Kosrae and the Gilbert's also.
  • edited May 2013
    He isokelekek was indeed from the east but that don't mean he was from Marshalls,from the east you have Kosrae and the Gilbert's also.
    this is in them ancient day, so say mokil was still under the rule of the marshallese from the east (conquered by a king whos wifes name is Nemaj) photo of her:
    now tell me, which of these three nations (marshalls, Kiribat, and kosrae) in the east was the closest to pohnpei?

• Isokelkel mother was called Lipanma from the dipinma clan. As we all know "Li" is only used in the marshall islands to describe a girl like,LiSusan,Litoklang,Liwansouwr. A lesson to you pawnstar dipinma or dipwihmah is a marshallese word. In pohnpei dipwihnma means underneath the breadfruit tree but the real meaning of dipinma is"by the side of the breadfruit tree". Dip-mean side,Ma-Means breadfruit.
  • edited May 2013
    reaper, what would have happen if an outsider came from "kapilong" or anywhere else other than Majol and conquered one of the islands, or better yet a whole chain? say Ralik? would he be considered as an iroij / iroijlaplap? 
  • Just cause history said he came from the east that dont mean he was marshallese! If east is your only proof then im sorry you are wrong amd you need more then that to convince me.
  • Isokelkel was from "east kadau"where it was believed was a magical place. People of olden pohnpei considered marshalls islands a place where their ancients came from and they consider it a place where their gods were from.
  • reaper, what would have happen if an outsider came from "kapilong" or anywhere else other than Majol and conquered one of the islands, or better yet a whole chain? say Ralik? would he be considered as an iroij / iroijlaplap? 

If an outsider did came and conquer one of the chains in majol then he would have been given the title of irooj laplap. But no outsiders or people from kapilong ever tried to invade majol, an example the people of wolai and yap tried sailing tru the ralik chain and were all massacred by irooj laplap loeak at jaluit. It has been a one way streak and that is people of marshalls sailing to kapilong(pohnpei,kosrae,mokil,pinglep,kapingamrangi) to make war.
  • edited May 2013
    Ta jen mok baj ennan ak ilo kajin eo ad ne ebbaj emman?
  • Chuukese never claimed Isokelekel to be one of them. Just that they did sail through the islands having all the fun they could find. They never displaced the chiefs of their seats. They were given the warmest welcome with open arms by all the people, men and women alike. 

Likewise, the Chuukese welcomed the men from other islands who came. As well, Chuukese brought with them Marshallese, Nauruans, Kiribatese, Kosraens, Pohnpeians, Yapese, Palauans back with them upon their return voyages. 

Chuukese never claimed chieftain on any islands in the region except for Chuuk itself. On each of the islands in Chuuk there are their chiefs with equal authority as the others on their respective islands.

lol.....so keep your chief isokelekel to Pwohn pei Sarawi...
  • Sinbad !!! What is dis ??? Lolz.... When did we Chuukese claim this Isokelekel ??? Lol very funny, even if he tried to conquer Chuuk it would really be imposible !!
  • edited May 2013
    Folu, read the first line in my above post, I said, "Chuukese never claimed Isokelekel to be one of them." They voyagers just brought with them other people as friends who sometimes decided to stay back and become Chuukese.

Annean fichi, Folu.
  • Kilisou Sinbad.... Fokun pwung!! True indeed....
  • edited May 2013
    Isokelekel could not possibly come from Mwajel because he was 6'2". Physical average of a Mwajelese is 4'2" and 198 lbs. In short Marshallese are short and stocky as a result of living conditions and diet. They are stocky because they paddle a lot and eat a lot of coconuts.
  • Isokelekel could not possibly come from Mwajel because he was 6'2". Physical average of a Mwajelese is 4'2" and 198 lbs. In short Marshallese are short and stocky as a result of living conditions and diet. They are stocky because they paddle a lot and eat a lot of coconuts.
    due to the radiation fallouts, marshallese are what they now look, although there are some who still have remnant features of the (rieto) ancestors who were once tall, and physically fit... much like our neighbors the Kiribats. 
    there are also stories of Giants Marshallese in the Marshalls, one Story in Particular is of a young (boy) iroij (chief)..... Long Story Short.... he Got Mad one Day and picked up Coconut Trees right from their roots and threw them to the Village in which his Evil Stepmother (who tried to kill him) lives.
  • reaper, what would have happen if an outsider came from "kapilong" or anywhere else other than Majol and conquered one of the islands, or better yet a whole chain? say Ralik? would he be considered as an iroij / iroijlaplap? 

If an outsider did came and conquer one of the chains in majol then he would have been given the title of irooj laplap. But no outsiders or people from kapilong ever tried to invade majol, an example the people of wolai and yap tried sailing tru the ralik chain and were all massacred by irooj laplap loeak at jaluit. It has been a one way streak and that is people of marshalls sailing to kapilong(pohnpei,kosrae,mokil,pinglep,kapingamrangi) to make war.
    and so would his heir (sons) rule the land he conquered, or would it go back to the original chiefs?