Does this name "LODUP OR LODIP" by chance familiar to anyone?

From what I know, this a legendary giant who left Pohnpei long long ago and took with him some part of land from Madolenihmw and create the islands of Mwoakiloa (formerly called Mokil). But is it a myth or just one of the great children bedtime stories? Please share anyone?

Comments

• I truly wonder if that LODUP/LOPID had total faith that he/she was able to move the mountain from Pohnpei to form Mokiloa. Did he ssearcher1?
  • Well ssearcher1, that's what I've known of either.
  • like I heard, he was a giant that it was from one of his foot that stepped on that piece of land he took broke the island into three. What makes me to wonder if the story is true, I heard that the place where he took that piece of dirt from is called today "Nan Mwekil or Mwokil" and it is situated in madolenihmw Pohnpei.

Hi kinen, lol! please don't start that...because I know you know the answer to your question if we're taking faith in God and faith other things in. For me, I don't think the story talks about faith that can move mountains rather it is believed it was physical strength nothing else. What you think friend?

• What other faith you have ssearcher1? Anyways, it was just down on me when I open my computer 2 threads were next to each other being by you and brother pekalong. "faith in god that can move a mountain and the legend about Lodup that actually moved a mountain. Was that a coincident or was there a genuine fate vin it. I only wonder. I'm not starting anything ssearcher1. I'm just enjoying the TGIF.
  • Oh now you are after brother pekalong's record.
  • record? me no understand bro!

• It's better you don't.
  • Just a myth. No truth in it whatsoever.
  • If you're from Mwoakiloa I believe you would have heard this legend and a proud of it. Otherwise, just enjoy what you just heard. How is that my friends?
  • Yep! Mwoakiloah is an atoll, no doubt about it.

• Thanks Pek for saying that. So, may I ask again what is mwamwa in majel? Because mwokilese use this term as father or dad.
  • I also heard that this great giant sleeps in Mwoakiloa lagoon and the legend told that he was awaken one time when some eastward warriors came to over turn the island but this giant woke up and pulled up one of the coconut tree from mwandohn (2nd island next to kahlap or where majority of natives lived) and swept the invaders canoes and their leader of the coop ran and hid in one of the white or light green color wrapped around sugar cane plant and this great and mighty giant found him (leader of the coop) hiding and with one hand wrapped this guy within the fold and squeezed until the guy died from his blood and bones spilled in the giant's hand.

So, if you come to mwoakiloa and see red color sugar cane, you'll know why it has that color because it was stained with blood of the invader's leader who have died in the palm of this great and mighty giant. I heard also that he was a or one of Isokelekel's brother who left Pohnpei with the lump of dirt he borrowed from Madolenihmw. :-S

• You are right my friend ssearcher1 and to tell you the truth, I cannot tell you exactly where them Mwoakilese got the name mwamwa for father from instead of mother. 
  • Pekalong and Ssearcher1 can you guys translate this mwoakillese song for me? some of the words i understand by most of them are just lost in translation. My Mwoakillese neighbor keep playing in his radio and for some reason i think i understand some of the words but not all of them.

• lyrics about that special flower which only blooms in full at sunset. If I correctly depicted, this flower smells nice and it is the only flower I know that has a fragrance you only find it on the lowly islands around the pacific basin. What you think Pek?
  • You are absolutely right my friend ssearcher1.
  • Ssearcher1 my advice use Pekalong instead of Pek. Pek is a bad word where im from.
  • That's okay my friend Whoami. I do believe she know what you meant.
  • Yes that's right Whoami. I should address our friend correctly so that it does not unleash negative thinking. From now on will only call him with the full description "PEKALONG". But, this is also a name called for retard. And from what I've seen, this name is wrongly picture someone that has great bible knowledge. So, pekalong you mind changing the first five letters to "lalok" ong or the "Smart one"? This would described you perfectly. Right Whoami?
  • Like what I've said, it doesn't matter what name we use as cyber name in this forum as long as we understand each other and help each other out. The most important thing is that we should be thankful for the things we're sharing cause I do believe that it enlighten others well. Don't worry about my cyber name my friends be happy and God bless you folks. 
  • Lodup's foot prints can still be seen perfectly on the rocks on the opposite side of kahlap. According to the stories, he fell asleep and the coral grew and covered him till this day.  That is why every new year, the ppl of Mokil would bang on bells and make loud noices and call for him to wake up. He helped the ppl of mokil in many battles against the marshallese. One of the battles, when the ppl of mokil saw the Marshallese canoes on the horizone, they called Lodup, he took a palm tree, took off the leaves and the roots, placed his two sons, one on each end of the palm tree..and spun it towards the marshallese canoes. As theplam tree spins toward the canoes, the two brothers was able to defeat the whole army and wiped them all out.
  • I believe this version is the correct one. Thanks Ready or not. :>
  • Lodup's foot prints can still be seen perfectly on the rocks on the opposite side of kahlap. According to the stories, he fell asleep and the coral grew and covered him till this day.  That is why every new year, the ppl of Mokil would bang on bells and make loud noices and call for him to wake up. He helped the ppl of mokil in many battles against the marshallese. One of the battles, when the ppl of mokil saw the Marshallese canoes on the horizone, they called Lodup, he took a palm tree, took off the leaves and the roots, placed his two sons, one on each end of the palm tree..and spun it towards the marshallese canoes. As theplam tree spins toward the canoes, the two brothers was able to defeat the whole army and wiped them all out.
    If this ain't the stupidest legend there is then i don't know which one is. For one You Mokillese were conquered by the Marshallese, All you mokillese are descended from Marshallese. Didn't the Marshallese themself said that your island was conquered by them? Ain't it a well known practice for Marshallese to kill every men on the islands they conquered? The ones who were wiped out were the men from mokill, they were wiped out by the Marshallese invaders that is why i consider every mokillese to be marshallese and not pohnpeians. same thing with the pinglapese they too were a weak people to be conquered by marshallese. only pohnpeians are the ones who are on pohnpei.
  • I believe this version is the correct one. Thanks Ready or not. :>
    I believe you mokillese live in a false dream. your islands were conquered by them marshallese. ya'll are parrots to my standards same like the pinglapese. cause like parrots they can speak pohnpeians but really are marshallese cause that is what is in your blood.