RMI and USA dispute over wake island.

The Marshall islands claim that the US has wrongfully occupy the wake islands which the Marshall islands government claim to be part of the Marshall islands but the US have build a Air force base on them. The Marshallese claim that wake island is part of the Marshall's but the US claim that they are not. Marshallese refer to the islands has "Enen Kio" but the US has rejected their claim due to the fact that americans have been occupying them for the last 80 years.

Comments

• 80 years?!?!?!?!??!?!? Really?? Wtf !!!!! And how long have we islanders been here??????? Oh come on !!!! Thats full of shiiiiiit already !!!!!!!
  • edited February 2014
    Wow!! Invasion of the Wake Up Call - Silent Mode
  • You might want to do some fact checking before you get your panties all in a knot.  Wake  Island (aka Eneko Atoll) was never occupied by the Marshallese people.

No evidence exists to suggest there was ever a permanent settlement by Marshall Islanders on Wake Island.

• edited February 2014
    Not right, Facts. Wake has always been known as part of the Marshalls, by tradition and history. You might wanna check this out with Micronesians. We know our ISLANDS more than anybody else, Marshallese for this matter, know Wake, traditionally and locally known as Enen.

Whether or not there is no existing proof of setllement by Marshallese. Marshallese did sail to Wake and back to Marshalls in the sailing canoe days. US only came in, what, 80 years ago. Enen is Marshallese, let's not change the story.

Just because USA has all the might and influence does mean not they can go claiming any place they want and say it is theirs. 

No wonder the native Americans have the least to say and do about their rightful lands.
  • Those fcking white people are a new race!! The Americans !! We been here for how long? Wayyyyyyy before the tribes of Europe even knew the world was round!!! Get da fck out Yankeeez!!
  • You might want to do some fact checking before you get your panties all in a knot.  Wake  Island (aka Eneko Atoll) was never occupied by the Marshallese people.

No evidence exists to suggest there was ever a permanent settlement by Marshall Islanders on Wake Island.

You believe what wiki said? i thought you were more intelligent then that but i guess i was wrong.

Wake island or Enen Kio has always been Marshallese. Its the northernmost island in the Ratak Chain. This dispute has been going on for decades. Its called "enen kio" cause of the flower "kio'' that is only found on that island. That island is also sacred cause its where the the ceremony of "Jip in Jowi" or tattoo ceremony of the chiefs be held and performed at. The "Kimeme" flower is only worn by the Chiefs of the Ralik while the "Kio" is only worn by the Chiefs of the Ratak. Enen kio translate to land/island of the white flower.
  • If an island or land was used for special rituals or ceremonies then obviously it wasnt meant to be occupied or settled by people.

"For rituals and ceremonies only"
  • Just like in chuuk, we keep sacred places and dwellings sacred for they are and will always be.

I would like to see you you build your house on a chiefs land and see what happens. Lol
  • Why claim that island now. I agree with Marshall to own the land because USA has morethan what she needs. I just don't like the timing of the claim. Send the canoes to patrol the island and impose a no fly zone. So much of attracting world attention.
  • Why claim that island now. I agree with Marshall to own the land because USA has morethan what she needs. I just don't like the timing of the claim. Send the canoes to patrol the island and impose a no fly zone. So much of attracting world attention.
    There are 3 parties who claim wake island. 1.The RMI Government. 2.The USA . 3. The Kingdom of EnenKio.
    The RMI claim to this island is well stepped in tradition and the fact that it is part of the Ratak Chain. The USA claim to this island is for the purpose of the air force base in it. The kingdom of enenkio is a separatist movement of Marshallese from the Rimejoor Clan who at one time ruled the entire Ratak chain. Both the US and RMI government don't recognize this kingdom of enenkio which both claim is not a legitimate entity. The RMI government and the US have been disputing the claim of this island for decades this is the first time its getting attention cause the US like always have been putting a lit on the Marshallese issue, few americans even know where the Marshall's are are not even aware that the US even conducted nuclear tests in these islands. That is why this news has never made it into the media.
  • Good move thou by the Marshallese. If they get the island, they will be more developed economically. And the FSMers are gna shit on Skrillex nose. What are u still doing here in FSM forum. Unless you talk nice to every FSM people in here, we won't ask you to leave. Dont make me break this other phone.
  • You don't come to certain group of people and talk down on them in their place. Only man who is looking for trouble is doing that. Don't cause trouble somewhere and hide and your fellow countrymen are gna pay for it. That's cowardly fucked up stupid idiot.
  • Tirou omusano Nunakij, kene wes ne jon ngeni ena mwasan epue tipitipimwas. En pwan eiseisa om kapasingaw non ei neni pun meni ina met epue pwan esenipato awangawen ekei aramas. Enlet ngang mi sinei pwan lang mi sinei, esap kich aramas mi ngaw. Sise chok sani TURUNUFAS.

nON tONG.

• Ahaha....kan amusana pwipwi nge echek I fokkun apochekun ngeni ekkei sokkun semirit pun ika si fen emechersingenir iwe repwe fokkun spoil. Ir usun ekkewe knoak rekan train ren Cesar Millan. The dog whipperer.
  • EWER MI PUNG NGE A MO PWAN I NAF. KENE NIKIT NGENI PAPA JI EPUE WISEN SANOMEITUN NGENI. UPUE PWARI EWE EPEK PEKIN MWAN NON CHUUK.  TO'O' UMOUM
  • Hi pekalong. I just came across one interesting God's Kingdom on this earth founded by his appointed son Pastor Apollo Quiboloy from the Philippine Island. Hummm.....jeez I even forget my question.
  • 80years? Lol Sit down low IQ,gun waving,burger munching pigs.

The atoll of ENEN KIO(Island of orange flowers) will always be part of Lowa Mojen's territory.We've made discovery sailing there thousands of years ago(3500) before anyone else!.Was used for many ancient religious and traditional practices.Oral legends passed down from generations tell of such events taking place.

They know it's ours.Admitting our rightful claim isn't an option for them.Bunch of no good history revisionists.

Also worth mentioning the USA itself is a STOLEN LAND.The American government shouldn't even dispute EK with us when they themselves have another issue to address.Involving tribes of America on having their entire continent forcefully taken.

The atoll is ours.Period.

• And just because Wiki says otherwise doesn't make it true.Anyone who takes that site seriously should be thrown rotten tomatoes at and humiliated.It isn't realible.Pretty much anyone can go there to edit.Sure it's decent but majority of which isn't accepted by many.Especially those with PHDs.Colleges/Universities across the world regard that site as "A site of non intellectual source".
  • MARSHALL ISLANDS REPRESENT image
  • This will be one interesting war if USA and Marshall Islands fight over this. USA will have the Army's Apache and Blackhawk helicopters. The Marshall Islands should match up well with its Arno helicopter squadrons. But diplomacy first.
  • True that! wikipidia is a weak source.
  • @Microspring2014/A war with a neutral country will have many across the world viewing US as a tyrant mix dictator.Thats literally how WW2 began.Many of our people are with the armed branches.The entire military itself wouldn't dare to harm it's territorial children when they've bonded closely with over many decades.

Diplomacy will always be effective.However with the current Chief of America alongside his administration.The country of eagle has become a total joke in the international arena.Marshall on the other hand has no problem with that as we're friends with many.Disputing over Wake island was already dealt with.Over time we grew tired of it and had to let it go.Resurgence of that resistance is sweeping across the kingdom.I'm afraid another wave of dispute is well on its way.Make no mistake.We people of Lowa will fight to have it back this time.And for good.We indigenous aren't to be trifled with.

If...a war breaks out leaving my country defenseless against an absolute titan.There's one move that will give United States an ultimate betrayal.That is.To join forces with it's most rival countries.Russia&China.Allowing them access to make way onto the mainland.Without a doubt our Polynesian cousins will either join us or stand down to let the invading armies of RU/CN pass by.An absolute war with Marshall will have many within the us military simply disobey and walk out.In other words things will be whacky.I'd like to see the United States start a war with us over our rightful claim.We'll simply do the unthinkable.
  • Speaking of war.

Russia and China's military is closely keeping up with USA's might.Thats super worrisome.
  • USA Knows very well who really owns the island in the first place. They gained their independence in 1776. Was this eighty years ago? Now talk about WAR, this is inevitable when countries claim properties they never infringed inot other countries territories or domains, the only settlement would be WAR. Observe Ukraine Situation, the Philippines Islands that China is claiming. Such disputes would escalate to the very stage of WAR. When?? is the only Question.
  • Scary times we live in.