Dual Compensation

holding two positions in the government and gets paid at the same time for it. For instance, a board member goes to meeting at 3:00 pm to 5:00 while the other position held by the same member gets paid from 8:00 to 5:00 pm. From my understanding, the member will only gets paid from 8:00 to 3:00 pm and from 3:00 to 5:00 pm will be paid from the board that he serves.

I am surprised our auditors are not enclosing this to the public.

my pennyless thought.

Comments

• What government are you talking about? It must have lots of money to throw around.
  • It's called Fiduciary responsibilities. Your duty to your country as a nominated individual to serve on a board.
  • I think if you're a government employee serving on a Board of any of the government entities, you don't get compensated from that Board.
  • Thanks guys

not only board, but local governments as well.

I agree with you Paclands, but you cannot receive that meeting hours25.00 plus your hourly wage salary. Unless I am misinformed. You would only earned the hours worked under current position and the board you serve. so instead of receiving full compensation, you are only entitled to 6 hours from your current position and the other 2 hours will be paid from the board or local government you serve.

my pennylessthought