Lesson 11: LAST DAY EVENTS

Read for This Week's Study: Exodus 19:5,6; Matthew 23; John 12:20-26; Matthew 24; 1 Thessalonians 4:16.

Memory Text: " 'And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted' " (Matthew 23:12, NKJV).

The second coming of Jesus is the climax of the Christian faith. The First Advent of Jesus and His death on the cross are the crucial precursors for the Second Coming. The Second Advent couldn't happen without the first, and the first is fruitless without the second. Both are inseparably linked, if not in time yet in purpose, which is the redemption of humanity and the end of the great controversy. The first coming is over and done, complete and finished; we now longingly and eagerly await the second.
This week we will look at what is recorded in Matthew 23, with Jesus' final appeal to some of the Jewish leaders to repent and accept Him, their only hope of salvation. Next, in Matthew 24, Jesus responded to questions about what events will unfold prior to His second coming. Here Jesus presents a rather solemn picture, linking the destruction of Jerusalem with what will precede His return.
And yet, no matter how hard things become (i.e., war, famine, betrayal), we are left with the promise of " 'the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory' " (Matthew 24:30, NKJV). In other words, despite the toils and sorrow, we do have every reason to rejoice.

Comments

• Is there any End Time signs prophecy man should look out for? Or would be too late to wait to actually see or witness the last days event to occur?

What is would be SDA believers to do now and moving forward to these last days event? And why SDA is most focus on the last days events? Is it going to bring their relationship with Christ in determining their love or would it be out of fear of being punished by the wrath of God?

What is the most important thing a Christ follower to do? Should they be more focus on the punishment or wrath of God or God's incomprehensible Love and Mercy to tell the whole world?

For me what really and most important to me is share the love and mercy that God has shown through His Only begotten Child Jesus. In fact, I know and also believe what the bible said about the coming end time events, but that is what interest me but what I am today to others for them Jesus Christ through me in the ways I talk and treat others. I certainly believe that God will do whatever He only knew and that is what I believe it is all I need to know.

Remember, Jesus did not say or ask in the day of judgment did you focus on the end times? Instead he would ask as the bible said, I was hungry you fed me. I was sick you visited me to give me comfort. I hopeless you hold my hands. And also the bible specifically said this. Whoever ever done good deeds to the little and unfortunate ones are in my flocks.

Now, can we see where we are today in terms of the clear ascertain made by our Lord? Yes, the God does not save us because of our good deeds but through the death of His Son Jesus. But, if we truly believe His Son, wouldn't it will draw us closer to Him? And what it really means believing in Jesus?

• I do believe that the only thing that will make one ready is to be born again and live perfect and pure as possible in order for one to accepted in our Father in heavens kingdom. Another word is to fulfilled our plan of salvation that was given to us by our Father in heaven to come to this earth and fulfilled.
  • Amen thanks pekalong and TT.