DO ALL RELIGIONS POINT TO THE SAME GOD?

Comments

• "This is how everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (JOHN 13: 35 )
  • yes....of course!!!!!!its just that every religion has its own belief...
  • Romans 10 New King James Version (NKJV)

Israel Needs the Gospel
    10 Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel[a] is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, “The man who does those things shall live by them.”[b] 6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’”[c] (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, “‘Who will descend into the abyss?’”[d] (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”[e] (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”[f] 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”[g]

Israel Rejects the Gospel
    14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:

“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,[h]
    Who bring glad tidings of good things!”[i]
    16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?”[j] 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

18 But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed:

“Their sound has gone out to all the earth,
    And their words to the ends of the world.”[k]
    19 But I say, did Israel not know? First Moses says:

“I will provoke you to jealousy by those who are not a nation,
    I will move you to anger by a foolish nation.”[l]
    20 But Isaiah is very bold and says:

“I was found by those who did not seek Me;
    I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me.”[m]
    21 But to Israel he says:

“All day long I have stretched out My hands
    To a disobedient and contrary people.”[n]
    Footnotes:

Romans 10:1 NU-Text reads them.
    Romans 10:5 Leviticus 18:5
    Romans 10:6 Deuteronomy 30:12
    Romans 10:7 Deuteronomy 30:13
    Romans 10:8 Deuteronomy 30:14
    Romans 10:11 Isaiah 28:16
    Romans 10:13 Joel 2:32
    Romans 10:15 NU-Text omits preach the gospel of peace, Who.
    Romans 10:15 Isaiah 52:7; Nahum 1:15
    Romans 10:16 Isaiah 53:1
    Romans 10:18 Psalm 19:4
    Romans 10:19 Deuteronomy 32:21
    Romans 10:20 Isaiah 65:1
    Romans 10:21 Isaiah 65:2
    New King James Version (NKJV)
    Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+10&version=NKJV
  • God says:

Isaiah 43:10New King James Version (NKJV)

10 “You are My witnesses,” says the Lord,
    “And My servant whom I have chosen,
    That you may know and believe Me,
    And understand that I am He.
    Before Me there was no God formed,
    Nor shall there be after Me.

Joseph Smith says:

Mormons Hope to Become Gods of Their Own Worlds
    Procreating Endless Numbers of Children
    (Quotes from LDS Leaders)

By Sandra Tanner

The LDS scriptures declare that the ultimate goal of a Mormon is to become a god and procreate for all eternity.

The Doctrine & Covenants states:

19 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, ...Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; ...and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, ...and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever.

20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.

21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my law ye cannot attain to this glory.

22 For strait is the gate, and narrow the way that leadeth unto the exaltation and continuation of the lives, and few there be that find it, because ye receive me not in the world neither do ye know me. (Doctrine and Covenants 132:19-22)

Joseph Fielding Smith Jr., Doctrines of Salvation, Vol.1, p.69 - p.70:

THE STRAITNESS OF THE WAY. Mortality is the testing or proving ground for exaltation to find out who among the children of God are worthy to become Gods themselves, and the Lord has informed us that "few there be that find it."

Joseph Fielding Smith Jr., Doctrines of Salvation, Vol.1, p.97 - p.98:

ALL EXALTED MEN BECOME GODS. To believe that Adam is a god should not be strange to any person who accepts the Bible. When Jesus was accused of blasphemy because he claimed to be the Son of God, he answered the Jews: "Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?"

Joseph Smith taught a plurality of gods, and that man by obeying the commandments of God and keeping the whole law will eventually reach the power and exaltation by which he also will become a god.

Who is telling the truth? Is it God? Is it Joseph Smith? Is Joseph Smith calling God a liar? Is Joseph Smith above God?
  • This is exactly come from the site that I've shown earlier which entitled Seventh Day Adventist are very sneaky. this is exactly what these footage come from. Thanks TT for showing these footage, who know whether you guys didn't made there footage by yourselves. Just from watching these footage looks like you guys have created these to humiliate other religions just like what the website that I've shown are acknowledging us about your church the sda. So my friend keep going cause everyone have known where you are coming from.
  • Someone wrote the following words:

"It’s easy to be faithful when there is no standard to be faithful to. God said, “Let us create man in our own image,” but for the last six thousand years, we have been saying, “No! Let’s create God in our own image.” It’s easier to be faithful when we are the ones who make the rules."

What is your standard? Is it the Bible? Is it another book?
  • That is exactly what you and your religion is doing today isn't it TT? Ignoring others and their faith in God and in our Lord and savior Jesus Christ Jesus Christ when he was here he didn't even going around and trying to act smart to others like what your people are doing in the scrips your showing above. Jesus Said we are to go out into the world and preached his gospel to other not to act like the way you and you religion sda is doing today.
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ is completely different from that of Joseph Smith. One is of God, the other is of the devil.

Which one would you choose?
  • Well is that what you think of Ellen G. White? The fact is that we don't worship Joseph Smith and stop making up lies just like what your founder Ellen G White did.

https://www.mormon.org/beliefs/restoration
  • pekalong,

Please study Matthew 16:16-20. Jesus is talking about Himself being the rock upon which He will build His church and nothing will prevail against it. He did not believe Peter can be the foundation of the church. That is because man by nature is sinful and cannot be depended upon.

Joseph Smith was a man, who is not perfect. As a matter of fact Joseph Smith was murdered because of his sins. What makes you think God would trust Joseph Smith?

God's church never died. God had always had a remnant group of faithful people who remained true and always have had the truth. History will tell you about Abraham to those in Israel before their captivity, to the ones who still remained true to God before, during and after the captivity in Babylon, even through the Dark Ages when Satan and his agents tried to destroy the word of God by burning the Bibles. Nothing can destroy God's word. There are many Bible texts speaking to this. So the truth never died.

But when you put Joseph Smith's and the teaching of Mormonism against the words of the Bible, they do not agree.

So tell us, who do we believe? Do we believe Joseph Smith or do we believe God?
  • pekalong,

An, oh, please specify what lies Ellen G. White made.
  • Not all religion point towards the same god. The only religions that speak or point towards a supreme deity are Judaism, Christianity&Islam. Some religion believe in rebirth. Like Shinto, Buddhism etc etc. In the end it depend on if you believe or not.
  • Thank you Rastaman. And some believe they can become gods, like the Mormons. But the Bible says there is only one God and they will not be any other.

Jesus was crucified because the leaders did not want Him saying He was God. That is how bad it is to make oneself equal to God.

Lucifer was thrown out of heaven because he exalted himself to be equal to God.

Eve and Adam were thrown out of the Garden of Eden because they wanted to be like God.

Yet Mormons want to be God. That is blasphemy. No wonder Joseph Smith was killed for teaching people they could become God.
  • That's why its hard for me look upon the teachings of mormons as the same like Christianity. Once men tried to build a temple because they wanted to be or think they were greater then god. The bibe said god struct them and punished them in a place called Babel.
  • Yes, and they build temples and put their angel Moroni on top of the spires. That is a statue and that is idol worship. That is satanic worship. That is the way of the cults.
  • TT maybe you and those who believed in you only who don't want to be like God cause probably you guys didn't even believe that you can be in His kingdom where he residing. Why do you thing Jesus said in His Fathers house are so many mansion? Isn't it that that's where all of those who become like him to go there there and spend their eternal with him? I don't know you but me I am doing my very best to be pure and perfect like him so I could be able to go and spend my eternal life with him in his kingdom.

I forgot that didn't even know the purpose of what you are doing in accordance to your faith and believe yeah? I would say yeah we Mormons are working out our salvation the best we can. Which is obeying Gods commandments and following Jesus Christ's foot steps. Also spreading Jesus Christ's true gospel.
  • Pek, you are not following the bible or sprearing its teaching. But rather you are spreading the teaching of Moroni. The bible warned us about false prophets in the last days and Mormonism is one of those the bible warned us about. Wolves in sheeps clothing is more like it.
  • Rastaman do you think we don't know about false prophets? We do know it very well and our living prophet today didn't even do the things that a false prophet should do. He instead teaches the entire church what would good for their lives today and their lives to come in the future. Also he testify of God and Jesus Christ and spread their gospel as well. If he really not a true prophet don't you think I'll be baptized int hi church?
  • pekalong,

Your prophets have been teaching lies. It started from the beginning with Joseph Smith. It is continuing today because whenever they teach from the Book of Mormon they are teaching lies.

You and I know that the teachings from the Book of Mormon are different from the teachings of the Bible.

Either the followers of Mormonism are blind being lead being blinds, or they are just arrogant and refuse to see the light. Either way, they are influenced by Satan.

Repent and come to the light which is found in the Bible and Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
  • Did you guys pray for the hly spirit before you get on the forum? I believe that if you did always pray before you come in here, your answers would be different or readers will have a sense of the divine presence when reading them. But, man you guys just plague the beauty and hloiness of the word of God with your human ego. So, if you reason to come in here to share the gospel, please do the right way pleasse? thanks
  • What is the difference between the Mormon Jesus and the Jesus of the Bible?

THE MORMON JESUS- Introduction

Mormons openly profess to believe in Jesus Christ. But is their Jesus different from the Jesus of the Bible?
    THE MORMON JESUS- The Real Jesus?

It’s not uncommon for Mormons to argue that they should be regarded as Christians because their faith is centered on Jesus Christ. And while this may appear to be the case from the perspective of the Mormon Church, there can be little doubt that the Jesus preached by Mormonism is not the Jesus of the Bible.
    THE MORMON JESUS- A Different Jesus

Simply believing in someone named Jesus will not solve the issue for Mormons because — as the apostle Paul warns in 2 Corinthians 11:4 — there are some who preach a different Jesus. For example, while the Bible teaches that Jesus has always existed as God (John 1:1), Mormons see Jesus as someone who worked His way up to godhood. In fact, to Mormons, Jesus is merely one in purpose with God the Father; whereas the Bible declares that the Father and the Son are also one in essence (cf. Phil. 2:6) — that they are both equally God and members of the Holy Trinity.

THE MORMON JESUS- Doctrine Twisting

This leads me to what is perhaps the most problematic matter facing Mormons with regard to their view of Christ. You see, in their attempt to evade charges of polytheism — which, of course, is the belief in or worship of more than one god — Mormons end up prohibiting prayer to Jesus. Mormons confess that they believe in the existence of many gods but pray only to God the Father. Well, in light of the Bible’s explicit command to pray to Jehovah (cf. Deut. 4:7; 2 Chron. 7:14; Pss. 5:2; 32:6; Jer. 29:7, 12), it’s simply incredible that Mormons refuse to pray to Jesus while yet acknowledging Him to be Jehovah! In addition, let me point you to passages like John 14:14 and Romans 10:12 which demonstrate beyond the shadow of a doubt that believers ought to pray to Jesus.

THE MORMON JESUS- Not the Jesus of the Bible

Mormons can claim to believe in Jesus all they want, but it’s apparent from their teachings that the Jesus they profess is definitely not the Jesus of the Bible. The truth is they worship another Jesus, proclaim another gospel, and teach the skin of the truth stuffed with a lie. Ultimately, all cults and world religions, in one way or another, compromise the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.

On the Mormon Jesus, that’s the CRI Perspective. I’m Hank Hanegraaff.

http://www.equip.org/perspectives/what-is-the-difference-between-the-mormon-jesus-and-the-jesus-of-the-bible/