QUESTIONS FOR MORMONS

For those who have love for people in the Mormon faith and want them to be saved, you can this thread to ask questions to Mormons, and/or to point out that their belief is based on a lie and that the Christ they believe in is not the Christ of the Gospel.

Comments

• Ministries
    printer friendly version

50 Questions to Ask Mormons

Home
    Jehovah's Witnesses

Mormonism

Articles

Witnessing Tips

Audio

Testimonies

Other Groups

Apologetics

Contact Us

Links

Questions are a great way to witness to Mormons. Most cultists will turn you off if you begin to preach to them, however, asking questions gives them hope that you are genuinely interested in learning more about their religion. It also is a great way to get them thinking about things they may have never thought about and researching into the false teachings of their church. Questions are great seed-planters that the Holy Spirit can make grow in their hearts and minds and, ultimately, lead them to Christ. They are also great conversation starters. The questions below are grouped into 4 different categories.

Mormon Prophets

1. Why does the Mormon Church still teach that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God after he made a false prophecy about a temple being built in Missouri in his generation (Doctrine and Covenants 84:1-5)?

2. Since the time when Brigham Young taught that both the moon and the sun were inhabited by people, has the Mormon Church ever found scientific evidence of that to be true (Journal of Discourses, 1870, v.13, p.271)?

3. Why did Brigham Young teach that Adam is “our Father and our God” when both the Bible and the Book of Mormon (Mormon 9:12) say that Adam is a creation of God (Journal of Discourses, Apr. 9, 1852, vol.1, p.50)?

4. If Brigham Young was a true prophet, how come one of your later prophets overturned his declaration which stated that the black man could never hold the priesthood in the LDS Church until after the resurrection of all other races (Journal of Discourses, Dec. 12, 1854, 2:142-143)?

5. Since the Bible’s test to determine whether someone is a true prophet of God is 100% accuracy in all his prophecies (Deuteronomy 18:20-22), has the LDS Church ever reconsidered its teaching that Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were true prophets?

6. Since the current LDS prophets sometimes contradict the former ones, how do you decide which one is correct?

7. Since there are several different contradictory accounts of Joseph Smith’s first vision, how did the LDS Church choose the correct one?

8. Can you show me in the Bible the LDS teaching that we must all stand before Joseph Smith on the Day of Judgment?

Mormon Scripture

9. Can you show me archeological and historical proof from non-Mormon sources that prove that the peoples and places named in the Book of Mormon are true?

10. If the words “familiar spirit” in Isaiah 29:4 refer to the Book of Mormon, why do familiar spirits always refer to occult practices such as channeling and necromancy everywhere else in the Old Testament?

11. Why did Joseph Smith condone polygamy as an ordinance from God (Doctrine and Covenants 132) when the Book of Mormon had already condemned the practice (Jacob 1:15, 2:24)?

12. Why were the words “white and delightsome” in 2 Nephi 30:6 changed to “pure and delightsome” right on the heels of the Civil Rights campaign for blacks?

13. If God is an exalted man with a body of flesh and bones, why does Alma 18:26-28 and John 4:24 say that God is a spirit?

14. Why did God encourage Abraham & Sarah to lie in Abraham 2:24? Isn’t lying a sin according to the 10 commandments? Why did God tell Abraham and Sarah to lie when 2 Nephi 9:34 condemns liars to hell?

15. Why does the Book of Mormon state that Jesus was born in Jerusalem (Alma 7:10) when history and the Bible state that he was born outside of Jerusalem, in Bethlehem?

16. If the Book of Mormon is the most correct of any book on earth, as Joseph Smith said, why does it contain over 4000 changes from the original 1830 edition?

17. If the Book of Mormon contains the “fulness of the everlasting gospel”, why does the LDS Church need additional works?

18. If the Book of Mormon contains the “fulness of the everlasting gospel”, why doesn’t it say anything about so many important teachings such as eternal progression, celestial marriage, the Word of Wisdom, the plurality of Gods, the pre-existence of man, our mother in heaven, baptism for the dead, etc?

19. Why do you baptize for the dead when both Mosiah 3:25 and the Bible state that there is no chance of salvation after death?

20. Since the word grace means a free gift that can’t be earned, why does the Book of Mormon state “for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do” (2 Nephi 25:23)?

21. Does the LDS Church still regard the Pearl of Great Price as Holy Scripture even after several prominent Egyptologists proved it was an ancient funeral scroll?

22. Why does the Book of Abraham, chapters 4 & 5, contradict Alma 11 in stating that there is more than one God?

23. Why does Doctrine and Covenants 42:18 say there is no forgiveness for a murderer when 3 Nephi 30:2 says there is forgiveness for him?

24. If the Adam-God doctrine isn’t true, how come Doctrine and Covenants 27:11 calls Adam the Ancient of Days which is clearly a title for God in Daniel chapter 7?

25. Why does the Book of Mormon contain extensive, word-for-word quotes from the Bible if the LDS Church is correct in teaching that the Bible has been corrupted?

• 26. Why do the Bible verses quoted in the Book of Mormon contain the italicized words from the King James Version that were added into the KJV text by the translators in the 16th and 17th centuries?

27. If the Book of Mormon was engraved on gold plates thousands of years ago, why does it read in perfect 1611 King James Version English?

Bible Questions

28. If marriage is essential to achieve exaltation, why did Paul say that it is good for a man not to marry (1 Corinthians 7:1)?

29. Since the Word of Wisdom teaches us to abstain from alcohol, why did Paul encourage Timothy to drink wine for his stomach (1 Timothy 5:23)?

30. If obeying the Word of Wisdom - which tells us to abstain from caffeine, alcohol and tobacco - is important for our exaltation, why did Jesus say that there is nothing that can enter a man to make him defiled (Mark 7:15)?

31. If Jesus is the Jehovah of the Old Testament and Elohim is referred to as God in the Old Testament, can you explain Deuteronomy 6:4 to me: “Hear, O Israel: the LORD (Jehovah) our God (Elohim) is one LORD (Jehovah)?

32. Why does the Mormon Church teach that we can be married in heaven when Jesus said in Matthew 22:30 that in the resurrection men neither marry, nor are they given in marriage?

33. How can worthy Mormon males become Gods in the afterlife when God already said that before him no God was formed, nor will there be any Gods formed after him (Isaiah 43:10)?

34. If God had a father who was a God, how come Isaiah 44:8 says that he doesn’t know him?

35. If God was once just a man who progressed to becoming a God, how do you explain Psalm 90:2: “…even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God”?

36. How can God be an exalted man when Numbers 23:19 says that God is not a man?

37. Why does the Mormon Church teach that Elohim had sexual relations with Mary to produce Jesus when both Matthew and Luke teach she was a virgin (The Seer, January, 1853, p.158)?

38. Why does the LDS Church teach that Jesus paid for our sins in the garden of Gethsemane when 1 Peter 2:24 says it was on the cross?

39. Why did Bruce McConkie write that a man may commit a sin so grievous that it will place him beyond the atoning blood of Christ (Mormon Doctrine, 1979, p.93) when the Bible says that the blood of Christ cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7)?

40. Why does the LDS Church teach that man first existed as spirits in heaven when 1 Corinthians 15:46 says that the physical body comes before the spiritual?

41. Since Jesus statement, “Be ye therefore perfect” (Matthew 5:48) is in the present tense, are you perfect right now? Do you expect to be perfect soon? According to Hebrews 10:14, how are we made perfect?

42. Why do Mormons say the sticks in Ezekiel 37 represent the Bible and the Book of Mormon when Ezekiel 37:20-22 tells us that the sticks represent two nations, not two books?

43. Why does the LDS Church teach that Jesus and Lucifer are spirit brothers when both the first chapter of John and Colossians teach that Jesus is the Creator of all things, including Lucifer?

44. Why do worthy Mormon males hold the Aaronic priesthood since Hebrews 7:11-12 clearly teaches that it was changed and superceded by something better?

45. If your leaders are correct about the complete falling away of the true church on earth, was Jesus in error when he said that the gates of hell would not prevail against it (Matthew 16:18)?

General

46. If having a physical body is necessary to become a god, how did Jesus become a god before he had a body?

47. Do you think the LDS Church will reconsider its teachings that the American Indians are descendants of the Jewish race now that DNA evidence has proven that they are actually descendants of the Asian race?

48. If polygamy was officially re-instituted by the Mormon Church, how would your wife feel about you taking another woman?

49. Since the LDS Church teaches that there was a complete apostasy of the true church on earth, does that mean that the 3 living Nephites and the Apostle John went into apostasy also?

50. Why are Mormon Temple ceremonies secret to the public when the Old Testament temple ceremonies were open to public knowledge?

top of page
    Back to Witnessing Tips
  • Come on TT. What are you doing? Aren't you get tired of those nonsense's of yours yet? I am a Mormon and I don't see such thing like what you just shared. In the Mormon church today. What I know of the Mormon church today is that they are doing their best to save this filthy world from Satan and his followers. What I learn each Sunday when I go to church is the gospel of Jesus Christ and also partaking of the sacrament in remembrance of Jesus Christ's atonement. Other that that of what people might said about us Mormons are all lies. When I said save this filthy world I mean we send out missionaries two by two as the bible teaches us to do to spread Jesus Christ's gospel to every creatures in all nations and baptized them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. So you see my friend TT those who probably fall away from the Mormon church are probably the one who made these sites to criticized the church about and those are the ones who cannot stand the commandments of God and Jesus Christ. I believe that our living prophet today receives revelations from God to guide us with and that's is the truth no doubt about it. I believe that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day belongs to Jesus Christ Himself cause He is the corner stone of this church no doubt about that.

Also my friend TT, have you ever thing of answering the questions our sister ssearche1 asked of you? Again my friend you really need to go to this site and see it again Jesus-is-savior/false religion.

May you have a Happy Sunday and keep it Holy my friend.
  • jesus-is-savior.com/False religions/Seventh Adventist/sda.cult.htm
  • If you're mormon, don't waste time reading this. It's troll patrol wasting our time. Serve God and pray for these trolls. God is love.
  • Exactly!! That's why I commanded TT not to waste his time sharing someones thoughts instead of his. This brings my attention that he just don't know what he is doing at all not even know his cult sda religion. I believe he should wipe his face before telling someone to wipe theirs.
  • pekalong,

In case you do not know, you do NOT power or authority over me. God is my protector.
  • "This is how everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (JOHN 13: 35 )
  • "This is how everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (JOHN 13: 35 )
  • Romans 10 New King James Version (NKJV)

Israel Needs the Gospel
    10 Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel[a] is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, “The man who does those things shall live by them.”[b] 6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’”[c] (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, “‘Who will descend into the abyss?’”[d] (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”[e] (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”[f] 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”[g]

Israel Rejects the Gospel
    14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:

“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,[h]
    Who bring glad tidings of good things!”[i]
    16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?”[j] 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

18 But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed:

“Their sound has gone out to all the earth,
    And their words to the ends of the world.”[k]
    19 But I say, did Israel not know? First Moses says:

“I will provoke you to jealousy by those who are not a nation,
    I will move you to anger by a foolish nation.”[l]
    20 But Isaiah is very bold and says:

“I was found by those who did not seek Me;
    I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me.”[m]
    21 But to Israel he says:

“All day long I have stretched out My hands
    To a disobedient and contrary people.”[n]
    Footnotes:

Romans 10:1 NU-Text reads them.
    Romans 10:5 Leviticus 18:5
    Romans 10:6 Deuteronomy 30:12
    Romans 10:7 Deuteronomy 30:13
    Romans 10:8 Deuteronomy 30:14
    Romans 10:11 Isaiah 28:16
    Romans 10:13 Joel 2:32
    Romans 10:15 NU-Text omits preach the gospel of peace, Who.
    Romans 10:15 Isaiah 52:7; Nahum 1:15
    Romans 10:16 Isaiah 53:1
    Romans 10:18 Psalm 19:4
    Romans 10:19 Deuteronomy 32:21
    Romans 10:20 Isaiah 65:1
    Romans 10:21 Isaiah 65:2
    New King James Version (NKJV)
    Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+10&version=NKJV
  • God says:

Isaiah 43:10New King James Version (NKJV)

10 “You are My witnesses,” says the Lord,
    “And My servant whom I have chosen,
    That you may know and believe Me,
    And understand that I am He.
    Before Me there was no God formed,
    Nor shall there be after Me.

Joseph Smith says:

Mormons Hope to Become Gods of Their Own Worlds
    Procreating Endless Numbers of Children
    (Quotes from LDS Leaders)

By Sandra Tanner

The LDS scriptures declare that the ultimate goal of a Mormon is to become a god and procreate for all eternity.

The Doctrine & Covenants states:

19 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, ...Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; ...and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, ...and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever.

20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.

21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my law ye cannot attain to this glory.

22 For strait is the gate, and narrow the way that leadeth unto the exaltation and continuation of the lives, and few there be that find it, because ye receive me not in the world neither do ye know me. (Doctrine and Covenants 132:19-22)

Joseph Fielding Smith Jr., Doctrines of Salvation, Vol.1, p.69 - p.70:

THE STRAITNESS OF THE WAY. Mortality is the testing or proving ground for exaltation to find out who among the children of God are worthy to become Gods themselves, and the Lord has informed us that "few there be that find it."

Joseph Fielding Smith Jr., Doctrines of Salvation, Vol.1, p.97 - p.98:

ALL EXALTED MEN BECOME GODS. To believe that Adam is a god should not be strange to any person who accepts the Bible. When Jesus was accused of blasphemy because he claimed to be the Son of God, he answered the Jews: "Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?"

Joseph Smith taught a plurality of gods, and that man by obeying the commandments of God and keeping the whole law will eventually reach the power and exaltation by which he also will become a god.

Who is telling the truth? Is it God? Is it Joseph Smith? Is Joseph Smith calling God a liar? Is Joseph Smith above God?
  • According to my own point of view. I believe you are for that Liar or you who I've shown her sites for everyone to see. www. evangelicaloutreach.com/white.htm.
  • Criticism of Ellen G. White
  • Why is a statue of the angel Moroni on the Mormon temples steeples if Christ is Lord of the Mormons?
  • Talked to my mormon neighbors and ask them about what will happen if they die. They said they will be given a planet where they will fill with people like adam and eve.

The bible say when judgement day come all the dead from the eart and sea will rise and get judged but according to the mormons thats not true. If you die and weren't baptized your relatives can do that and you will be saved. How can you do baptism for the dead and save them when the bible say all dead shall wait judgement day. Can any mormons explain this?
  • This is one of my favorites, it is from Matthew Chapter 7 I truly hope that those of you have allowed darkness into your souls, take the time to read it every once in a while. Do not under estimate the power of the Spirit.

Please share this with someone who you feel is faltering or has fallen. Help them to get back up and keep on walking down the narrow path back to our Creator. No matter how many times you've fallen, now matter how great your sin, get up and keep on walking back to our Creator. Never give up!

Judging Others
    7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
  • pekalong Message pekalong 4 days ago edited August 14
    Come on TT. What are you doing? Aren't you get tired of those nonsense's of yours yet? I am a Mormon and I don't see such thing like what you just shared. In the Mormon church today. What I know of the Mormon church today is that they are doing their best to save this filthy world from Satan and his followers. What I learn each Sunday when I go to church is the gospel of Jesus Christ and also partaking of the sacrament in remembrance of Jesus Christ's atonement. Other that that of what people might said about us Mormons are all lies. When I said save this filthy world I mean we send out missionaries two by two as the bible teaches us to do to spread Jesus Christ's gospel to every creatures in all nations and baptized them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. So you see my friend TT those who probably fall away from the Mormon church are probably the one who made these sites to criticized the church about and those are the ones who cannot stand the commandments of God and Jesus Christ. I believe that our living prophet today receives revelations from God to guide us with and that's is the truth no doubt about it. I believe that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day belongs to Jesus Christ Himself cause He is the corner stone of this church no doubt about that.

Also my friend TT, have you ever thing of answering the questions our sister ssearche1 asked of you? Again my friend you really need to go to this site and see it again Jesus-is-savior/false religion.

May you have a Happy Sunday and keep it Holy my friend.
  • pekalong,

The Bible says, "Keep the Sabbath day holy . . . .

The Sabbath day is the seventh-day of the week, according to the Bible.

Sunday is the "day of the sun". Those who worship the sun-god honor this day.
  • Read; 1 Corinthians 15:40-42. These verses if you read them will explain why we believe that all will go to different places when they die or rather after the judgement day according to their deeds they accomplished here on earth.
  • Are you sure you really know what Sabbath means my friend TT. Does it really telling us to wosrship on Saturdays? Come one my friend TT to me I believe it doesn't really matters which day you worship, it could be any day you may want to worship. Sabbath means REST or CESSATION. To keep it holy doesn't mean to worship but to respect that day when God rested from His creations. If it says we have to worship on Saturdays then that you claim that we are wrong cause we're worship on the first day which is Sunday. Jesus Christ's disciples break bread on the first day which is Sunday in remembrance of Jesus Christ's resurrection which make this day the Lords day. This is why I believe the reason why all christian's make this first day a worship day. Anyways can you really show us exactly where in the bible that is acknowledging us to worship on Satuday?

Exodus 31:16-17
    Deuteronomy 5:15
    Act 20:7
    1 Corinthian 16:2
    Colossians 2:16-17
    Revelations 1:10
  • Rastaman;

Are you sure you've read your bible and understand all the verses in it? If not then don't come in here criticized of something even yourself doesn't even sure of. Us Mormon is doing our best to fulfilled what we were send to fulfilled on this planet earth for and baptizing for those who haven't even heard about the gospel and even not have the chance to be baptized for the remissions of their sins during their life time is a requirement in our church. That's is exactly what 1 Corinthians 15:29 is acknowledging us about. I know that most or even all religions besides Mormon are not complying with this particular verse cause they for sure didn't believe in it but us its a must/requirement to do such. That's why we built many temples all over the world so member could have the opportunity to do such important ordinances for those who were dead without being porn again.

i truly know and believe that many churches today on this planet earth is doing what they thinks is right for them and didn't even have the chance to follow exactly what the bible is acknowledging us about. Jesus said if you want to be my follower, obey my commandments and followed my steps. Does He meant we have to do our own without obeying what has written in the bible? I don't think so.

1 Peter 3:18-19
  • pekalong,

(1) Look at the calendar. Which day is the seventh day?
    (2) Where in the Bible does it say the Sabbath day has been changed from the seventh day?
    (3) Where in the Bible does it say the Lord's Day is Sunday?
    (4) Why did the disciples break bread on the first day of the week as recorded in Acts 20:7?
    (5) Why did Paul instruct the church in Colosse to gather the offerings on the first day of the week?
    (6) Why are the Jews still observe the Sabbath on the seventh day of the week?
    (7) Did God change His Ten Commandments?
  • Why Mormons Leave the Church

Why Mormons leave the Church

This week is shaping up to be an eye-opening experience for Mormons and ex-Mormons alike.

In the Salt Lake Tribune Peggy Fletcher Stack reported that people are leaving the Church when they get on the internet. I say thank you Lord for the internet!

Interestingly, people are finding out that Smith was marrying jail bait (one as young as 14 yrs old) and while the Church hasn’t exactly been forthcoming in telling the truth about their past, faithful members are finding the truth by themselves via the plethora of websites who have been generous with their time and investigations.

Ms. Stack reported Merlin Jensen, the outgoing church historian as saying that providing the whole truth to members at large about something like polygamy isn’t exactly germane to what’s going on with the Church today. Question: when would it be? Since when has telling the truth been irrelevant?

The Church is always reminding its members that a testimony of Joseph Smith is vital when sharing their testimonies. According to Mormon Doctrine there are three vital elements to having a testimony (MD, pg. 786).

“Three great truths must be included in every valid testimony: 1. That Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Savior of the world (D. & C. 46:13); 2. That Joseph Smith is the Prophet of God through whom the gospel was restored in this dispensation; and 3. That The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is “the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth.” (D. & C. 1:30.)”
  • Wouldn’t it be wise to know all you can about Joseph Smith, Jesus and the Church if these are the three greatest things in a testimony? For your testimony to be credible the information you share should be plausible as well and the only way for that to happen is to learn as much as you can about those things. What’s wrong about studying the life of Joseph Smith or Jesus?

Back to Mr. Jensen’s remark about church history not being relevant to the church today. This reminds me of when I was a tour guide in Germany for the USO in the mid ‘80’s.

Not long after the end of WWII Germany wrote up and enacted a new set of laws some of which were meant to control what you could and couldn’t say in public. Tour guides fell into the group of people who the government had a tight control on for releasing information.

I quickly learned that using the words Hitler, Nazi, SS, and Swastika were not allowed. In fact school history books had little to no mention of Hitler or the “Final Solution”. Rather history books for young teens carried a one page acknowledgement that a war did take place and also provided a few pictures of bombed out churches throughout Germany, but that was it.

No pictures or mention of Hitler, no mention of the concentration camps even though they’d already been set up as memorials for the atrocities that took place. No mention of the millions of Jews that had been murdered and the reason why, they said, was because the nation needed to move on and it didn’t benefit the children of Germany to talk about it forty years after the fact.

Fast forward twenty-five years to a different continent and culture, we find an LDS Church historian who is basically saying the same thing. The problem here is that people will leave if you don’t tell the truth and leave for what?

In our experience many people leave Mormonism when they find out the Church has lied to them and they won’t turn to God, won’t try out another church and won’t accept the idea that atheism or witchcraft isn’t any better than what they’ve left.

For those who turn to the Lord after Mormonism, there is the sweet satisfaction of peace and also the knowledge that God won’t steer you wrong. We’ve found those that turn to the Lord can find it in their hearts to forgive the lies they were taught and in turn help others to find the truth as well.
  • Mr. Jensen said in an interview “The church is concerned about misinformation and distorted information, but we are doing better and trying harder to get our story told in an accurate way.”

Well, there’s no time like the present to start telling the truth. The one thing the Church has going for itself is how they’ve always given out information; sometimes to a fault. The problem with this is while the info is available, many don’t know how to access it, so they go along with the tidbits of info they’ve been fed over the years from the Sunday school manuals.

The last four paragraphs of Ms. Stack’s article was the most telling. In an interview with Richard Bushman, author of Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling, he told Ms. Stack in an e-mail that most people will walk away from the Church after fifty years when or if they find out Smith was translating the Book of Mormon by looking into a hat with a seer stone. If you tell a twelve year old kid the same story he’ll think it’s “cool”.

I have to agree with Mr. Bushman’s analysis. If you’ve been feeding a lie to someone for fifty years they’re probably going to be more than a little ticked when they find out they’ve been lied to. Sadly, Jensen said the Church needs to do a better job to explain its history. When asked how they could do this he said; “Can we weave some of this into our seminaries, institutes and adult curriculum? I think we can”, he said, “and efforts are under way to do that”.

“Weave the truth in”?

Wow, they’re worse off than I thought…

Robert Millet was quoted as saying;

“Mormons shouldn’t be consumed with provocative materials critical of the [LDS] Church, the day for ignoring such matters is long past. The internet is filled with thousands of pages of anti-Mormon polemic, and it is extremely difficult for people to receive an honest and fair appraisal of Mormonism with significant effort on their part”.
    Yes indeed, there are many sites out there full of misinformation, however, sites like this one is not. We get 100% of our information about Mormon teachings directly from the LDS Church.

People will leave the Church for any number of reasons, but I would imagine that lying to the members will always be at the top of the list.

If the Church would just give out the info of what happened in its past and let it alone people would either accept or reject it for what it is. However, the Church has always had a chronic need to justify or tweak what Smith meant and then will attack those who gave out the info as if the messenger or the audiences are at fault.

Time will tell how their new agenda will pan itself out. We’re praying people will have the courage to leave and come to know the real Jesus!

Michelle Grim

1 Cor. 1:18

Share this:

http://lifeafter.org/salvation/why-mormons-leave-the-church/