jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Seventh Day Adventist/sda.cult.htm.

Here is another discussion of the sda church.

Comments

• "This is how everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (JOHN 13: 35 )
  • "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."(John 3:16)
  • No one knows for sure what religion is absolutely TRUE. That is why the world has so many of them. All we have to go by is self-suggestion or what is called faith (State of Mind). Remember about a thousand years ago, everyone believed the world was flat, but such belief did not make it TRUE. Research history and you will learn that religion has changed many many times thru-out the years to fit the customs and traditions of those people living in those times.

You have the Right to believe in whatever you want, but that doesn't mean it's TRUE. Stop judging other people's religion and let them believe whatever they want, because that's what work's for them, regardless if it's false...it doesn't matter, it makes them live with peace and happiness. Don't be a hater!

Q&A: Would a rich and happy person write about extreme suffering, revenge, death, burning in hell forever and ever and ever etc...I don't think so, their too busy enjoying life with happy and positive thoughts. But a person or persons who could write something like this has to be suffering, poor, depressed and a slave wanting revenge. Stop wasting time judging or comparing other beliefs. Life is too short, be happy and live responsibly!
  • You are absolutely right NO ONE KNOWS which church is true. Everyone will say that their church is the truth but yet forget that everyone will be judge someday.
  • It is wrong to attack other religions. You should do your best to teach the goodness of yours not attack others.
  • I am not attaching anyone. All i'm doing is acknowledging TT to understand that even his church as some criticism against.
  • pekalong Message pekalong 2 days ago Flag

You are absolutely right NO ONE KNOWS which church is true. Everyone will say that their church is the truth but yet forget that everyone will be judge someday.

So pekalong, even Joseph Smith is among the "NO ONE KNOWS which church is true.

But you are wrong, because God wants us to know which church is true. Do you want to know which is true? Study the Scriptures then study the churches. Whichever church teaches the entire Bible truth and live accordingly, that one is the true church of Jesus. Whichever church upholds the Bible over any other books, that one is the true church. Whichever church maintain the same teaching and does not change from one position to the next, that one teaches the truth.

You see God does not change and His words do not change.
  • TT how about Ellen white did she one of those NO ONE KNOWS? I said that because everyone one who join a church they have faith and believe in will just stick to that and stop criticizing other churches cause they don't know whether other churches is right or wrong. As of Joseph Smith, I would say yeah he too don't know which church is right or wrong. That's why he went to the grove of trees to pray and find out which of the churches in those days is the right one. That is when the first vision occurred to him and acknowledged him that non of those churches were right and that they want him to restored back Jesus Christ's church and that's the time that he restored Jesus Christ's church back to this earth. I joint this church because I do have faith in it and believe it's Jesus Christ's church cause it teaches nothing but the true gospel of Jesus Christ not mans
  • pekalong,

I am sorry to disappoint you again. I disagree with you. God's church is never lost. God does not allow that to happen. All throughout history, God always has a remnant, a group of believers who never lost the word of God and never left God.

The children of Israel were even like that. Some of them apostatised, but always remained a group loyal to the faith. During the Dark Ages when the persecution of God's church saw a lot of God's people killed, there remained a group true to God. I am not sure you have heard of the Waldenses. This group moved to the mountains of Europe and in spite of great danger to themselves they continue to share God's word to the people in the villages, towns and cities nearby.

You see, God never allow his church to be lost. His church (called out ones) have always been there to share the truth about God to people.

So when someone says he restored God's church, which was never lost, somebody should think again about that statement. And when his teaching contradict the Bible teachings, then you should be very concerned.

Satan is very cunning and can fool a lot of people. Be aware.

Read the history of the SDA Church and Ellen G. White and you will learn that the movement and the establishment started from very deep Bible study after the great disappointment of the year 1844. That disappointment is spoken of in the Bible.

Study the Bible deeply to get to the truth. I hope you do it with a spirit willing to learn the truth and to follow God's will.

Thank you and may you be blessed with your Bible study.
  • edited September 2016
    Thanks TT, and yeah I believe that Gods words which is the holy bible lives alone but could you elaborate a little what APOSTASY means? Wasn't a time that all Jesus Christ's apostles where vanished from the face of the earth and took all the authorities with them? Authorities like the keys of the Priesthood and others?

I did read the bible and yeah I do believe it as I read it thoroughly. Like I've mentioned earlier that everyone has their own faith and believe of what church they might want to joined and I have decided to join LDS church. I have share some verses that make me to believe that the book of Mormon is also written by prophets of God which has been fled from the eastern hemisphere to the western hemisphere and brought the gospel to those people who lived there. Isaiah 29:4 also make me to believe that Isaiah was talking about the book of Mormon but didn't indicate its name but instead he indicate similar voice which I believe he was acknowledging that the book of Mormon is similar to the bible. Yeah you may say that's not what Isaiah meant but to me it was and nothing will change my understanding t0 this only God will and that I will know from him on that day that all will be judged for their deeds.

As of Satan is very cunning? I do believe you and that is when he influence his followers to criticized and humiliate those who are doing exactly what God may have want them to do. This I've observed other churches did to others. What I've been acknowledged from the LDS church leaders is that never to criticized nor humiliate other denominations and all they want us to do is to shared our testimonies of the gospel of Jesus Christ and if no one wants to hear us is up to them but not to force them. Our leaders never did once I've heard them preach and criticized nor humiliate other churches. All they did or do is relaying what God may have want them to relay to his children. That's all.

Thanks TT and yeah I'll read the history of the SDA church. You have a wonderful day and God bless.
  • ...Continue to tell yourself over & over again & eventually it will become your truth. Every single church from the beginning of time came from an idea, borrowed from one another certain aspects and slowly grew into the accepted truth or the way of life as we know it.

Some people read a Bible and pray to clear their conscience, some see a Shrink, some drink alcohol and some do whatever they do to move on forward in life. No one can say what Church or Bible is true, only that they can allege it to be by referencing it to the good/blessings they received in their life...anyone can claim that but none can prove it and none ever will.

The Churches should have explained the definition of someone having Faith. Faith is a state of mind induced by auto-suggestion...thoughts or ideas can become real by auto-suggestion. Try it out for yourself and you will discover this simple truth. Keep thinking about something over and over and over again and eventually you will act upon it and turn that thought into reality, simple. Criminals fill their minds with negative/bad thoughts and they commit crimes, good people think positive thoughts and they give freely or do good things. It is not rocket science, it is common sense.

If you research far enough in history (further than grandpa) it will become clear to you how Churches became into existence and how it influenced and used it's power to control the masses into co-operation. Christ, Mohammed, and many many others used this method to influence the masses. It all began from an idea or...a thought.

It might be a good thing to abide by some of the Bibles commands and examples as there are many positive ones. If you want it to be true, then by all means believe it to be true, it is your right to do so and nothing wrong with that. Just don't force it upon others, because someday, someone will call you out and the only defense you have is "You need to have faith". I say you need to stop making excuses in life, get-up and make it happen, don't sit back and wait for it to show up at your doorstep because it ain't gonna happen. Be responsible for yourself and stop being a lazy, excuse making asshole!

Investing a lot of Money and mixing it with Power= anything can be made true. Seek the truth and the truth will set you free...you better believe it.

• A long time ago, they tortured, burned and crucified you for not joining the faith...now a days they come with smiles and practically begging you to join. The mid-evil era was not the Pagans killing everyone. It was the Crusaders and The Inquisition slaughtering non-believers of their faith like the Tyson Chicken factory.

I wonder what's their faith? The foolish Emperor Constantine gave the keys and power to the Church and it went on a killing spree for over a thousand years. No government should allow any church to obtain this power... sadly it is happening today and as you can see, it's extremely corrupted in all aspects, mostly misuse of free funds.
  • Gator,

The "Church" you are speaking of doing all those despicable things is the Roman Catholic Church, which is not a true Christian church in the sense that they worship a different Christ - not the Christ of the Bible.

True followers of Jesus Christ do not persecute. They are the ones being persecuted.
  • TIT

The Roman Catholic Church is the only reason why anyone knows about Christ or the New Testament ...Trinity Doctrine idea...manuscript copies from an alleged originals which were lost or never existed and only in their possession?? Anyhow, prior to this idea, it was the Jews and the old testament, who were fed up with slavery and depression so they decided to have their own faith, a personal God of Mt. Sinai (No Trinity & No new Testament ever heard of), and prior to the Jews, it was another faith that believed in many Gods and so forth.

All Christian Denominations is a branch off it's founder, the Roman Catholic Church, who is credited for this idea. This empire invested an unbelievable fortune to turn this idea into a real true story and they profited more than a million times over with this investment as you may notice today ($$+ Power+ Assets). They killed everyone and anyone who did not accept it and this is why we had the dark ages. It all began with an Idea that was followed-thru with persistence until it became reality or excepted as fact, but it took over a thousand years to become fruitful and even then, there are still many different faiths around the world.

How many great minds have lost their lives in this massacre. I believe if the dark ages never happened, we would have here today a much Greater Class of Artist, Musicians, Teachers, Novelist, Doctors etc...and probably the cures for many incurable diseases we have today. We call Einstein a genius, but there could have been thousands much more intelligent the He, if it weren't for this big idea.

• Gator why do think the Roman Catholic killed those who do not agree in its teaching during the dark ages? Please read the history and then come back and share what you found. But, please just stop this endless accusations without proof because the Waldens were the ones who fled the city under the control of Roman Catholic and moved into the mountain so they can read from the scripture after Rome banned people to read the holy scripture.