Dear FSM: Don’t Go to War with Guam over Deportation

Comments

• It's an offer that it is hard to refuse if I am in the inmates' shoes.
  • Life is full of hard choices. At least Governor Calvo gave them a choice that they did not have before. I would rather have a difficult choice than have no choice at all.
  • The U.S. federal government has been FORCIBLY deporting FSM convicted criminals from the 50 states for many years. Unlike on Guam, the deportees are NOT given a choice of whether to remain in jail and finish their sentences, or to voluntarily leave. They are ordered removed by an immigration judge and are not allowed to ever return.

So if FSM convinces the U.S. federal government to handle deportations on Guam, there will be nothing voluntary about the federal deportation process. FSM might see many MORE deportations under the federal system than under Governor Calvo's voluntary program.
  • IC YOU ARE ALL CONFUSED WHETHER TO BE CHUUKESE OR WESTERNERS ON THIS TOPIC!#

YOU see!! I must ask you to do me a favor and leave my personal affairs out of your mind, while we discuss the issues. I will be lying to you if I say that I am not madly in love but that very little to do with what I have been doing on here and FB.. before FB went counseling mode.

Listen, I am CHUUKESE thru and thru but I must admit that I do not agree with things on an 100% level. I still care and love my people and the islands... I DO my own thing as a neutral party!! I DO not take sides... but you must admit that I am the only one who could challenge you like I do with facts and passion. Don't you think that is necessary for the sake of our discussions??

I think you all have stepped back a bit on the subject when when you saw me going hard at it. I WANT TO SQUEEZE IT OUT OF YOU TO MEET ME HALF WAY!!

HERE IS THE TRUTH OF ALL TRUTHS!!
    Everything that I have shared in terms of why going home is better than staying in prison!! Those are all truth!!

What I have never mentioned was whether the governor was right or wrong!! NOTE: I AM PRESENTLY AWAY FROM THE JUDICIARY SYSTEMS IN USA. I can speak my mind truthfully without jeopardizing my position with them. I must also inform you that my leaving the judiciary was because of personal issues but I also wanted to try to help address the issues to curb the issues both sides (USA and MICRONESIA) have been facing. I believe strongly in addressing issues thru my lenses CUZ I get to see them from the middle ground!! I will leave it at that! #

NOW, let's talk about the deportation issue!! To me, it has advantages and disadvantages to it. I have already mentioned that before.. THE QUESTION YOU WANT TO ANSWER~ IS THE GOVERNOR CORRECT IN DEPORTING CHUUKESE!!
    THE STR8T ANSWER IS NO!! HE IS NOT~ IS HE RIGHT ABOUT DISRESPECTING THE REP. FROM FSM ON GUAM? ANSWER AGAIN IS NO!! FSM MUST REMOVE HIS COUNSEL GENERAL AND HIS STAFF RIGHT AWAY FROM GUAM!! CLOSE DOWN THE OFFICE AND LEAVE OUR ASAP!!
    THAT IS ALL I WILL SAY ABOUT THE OFFICE IN GUAM.

THE GOVERNOR OF GUAM IS TOTALLY WRONG EVEN IF THEY VOLUNTEERED TO LEAVE OUT. I WILL ALSO LEAVE IT AT THAT!

SOLUTIONS: There are solutions!!

THERE...

FAIRO
  • Lets not blow this issue out of proportion. Its all a misunderstanding and nothing more. Why are we so quick to judge what others opinion are regarding the issue? Let each person explain their own opinion and lets not try to reason or attack what that opinion was.

So I agree to disagree with this posting, it is what it is and nothing more. Making deal with convicts to safe fund on overcrowded prison will not solve the issue. Commuting the sentences of offenders surely will not solve the the case. I truly feel for the guam people because the judicial system put offenders in jail and now they are given a one way ticket and they don't have to serve time for the crime which they commit. Is this fair to the judicial system in Guam? Is it fair to the people who were a victim of the crime? Again I do not disagree with what the Guam Governor is doing but doing it won't stop the crimes from happening. I just wish and hope that it will not create a friction between Chamorros and Chuukese.

I encourage the officials to sit down and talk things out, rather than raising the bar on the already densed issue. Meanwhile the victims will be the everyone and society itself.

So in the meantime Lets Just Agree to Disagree.
  • LOL, NOW YOU CAN NOT HANDLE THE TRUTH WHEN I GIVE IT TO YOU IN BLACK AND WHITE!! LOL

LET'S RIDE IT!!
  • 5!
  • Meze, please take 5 just 5. Thank you. You make my day.
  • It is clearly spelled out in the amended compact or Compact II between the US Government and FSM Government that any FSM citizens who repeated committed a felon or crime under the laws of the United States can be deported by the US government with or without whether FSM government agree or not.
  • What system was establish to deal with this section of the compact. Does the US government refereed to herewith is the Federal government, State, County, Municipal, and etc. can do it on behalf of the US Government?
  • In the U.S. system, only the federal government has authority to initiate deportation proceedings, and only an immigration court judge can order a deportation. Under the U.S. constitution, local and state governments do not have this authority
  • Would it be a different scenario if Guam considered them as undesirable aliens and provide reasonable statutory grounds and then deport them?.....
  • No. As a territory of the U.S., Guam does not have the authority to deport FAS citizens. That is why Governor Calvo resorted to offering the inmates an early release and a free one-way ticket home with their promise not to return.

My question now is whether federal U.S. immigration authorities can/will block them from returning if they try to enter the U.S. again.
  • As a condition to the agreement for early release and paid fare to their state of origin in the FSM, it is stipulated that "the person never steps foot on Guam again," and that "If a removed person returns, they could face serving the balance of their sentence at the point of commutation, or being sent home on the next flight out." ( Pacific Daily News 8.2.2016).

http://www.guampdn.com/story/news/2016/08/01/ag-governor-has-no-deportation-power-must-racially-neutral/87695644/

While it still remains to be seen if US Customs and US Immigration will honor the agreement by blocking the re-entry of the those who chose to agree to the shortened sentences or commutations, the Government of Guam will be within its rights to arrest the convicts when they reenter Guam.

Governor Calvo acted within his Organic Act authority to commute or reduce the sentences of the convicts and to enter into agreements with them to leave Guam and never return, according to Guam Attorney General Barrett-Anderson.

The action is not a deportation, but an agreement to leave Guam voluntarily with the understanding that jail time is reduced. It is not a forced or coerced action. It is voluntary.

In all fairness, the Governor's action and that of the convicts are justified. One can argue that they acted within their legal rights with an honorable intent for the mutual benefits to themselves and those they serve.

• Even Governor Calvo himself knows that the convicted immigrants can return to Guam. That's why he talked to the U.S. immigration official to help him to block those convicted immigrants by entering his territory.
  • And can they go to Hawaii?
  • I don't know that but according to one of the deportee, "he can go to Hawaii, and the Mainland, but not Guam. JOHN WIA said.
  • Does anyone know if other incarcerated nationalities were also offered such choice as that afforded to these FSM citizens? Granted they fall in the same selection process as those from FSM?

What is the ulterior motive here?
  • According to a Pacific Daily News article dated September 4, 2016, five FSM citizens have had their sentences commuted and have already been "removed." Calvo is now seeking to remove two more, a Phillipine national and an FSM national.

http://www.khou.com/news/guam-governor-orders-2-more-convicts-removed-from-island/313502170

• And Calvo claims that he welcomes "diversity" on Guam. He also praised "...the people of Guam who are working with migrants because they're not getting help from the US or for some the countries where they come from."

http://www.kuam.com/story/33014049/2016/09/Sunday/calvo-calls-for-guamanians-to-celebrate-diversity
  • I understand that once convicted, that's it. Your ass is being returned if you show up in guam or Hawaii airport. Has nothing to do with the return of the crooked, criminal chuukese.
    What ever you are convicted off, if it's criminal, your ass is done if you go back and try to reenter. So so long chumps, your dumbass especially will never reenter the USA!
  • Let's just hope that this continue so that FSM could maintain a good relationship with the USA
  • Look folks, stop wasting time!!

DO YOU!! STOP IT AND DO YOU!!
  • I ALREADY GAVE YOU TRUTH!!

NOW, STOP IT AND GO TO WORK!

GUAM JUST SHIT ALL OVER THE REST OF USA. THOSE DEPORTEES WILL RETURN TO USA VIA MEXICOS LUCKY PLANES...
  • US Immigration and Customs Enforcement takes custody of 2 Guam convicts

It appears the US Federal Government is now getting involved with the so-called deportation issue.

http://www.guampdn.com/story/news/2016/09/13/ice-takes-custody-2-guam-convicts/90292722/

• guys,

I do not see whats wrong with the decision. They gave them options..either rot in jail in Guam or free ticket to Chill in chuuk and never to return for repeated offenses. Good for the convicts and the Guam economy....
  • Now that Guam has found a special way to deport FSMers, then what will stop the Guaminians on planting some false evidence on all the FSMers and give them a choice either jail time or back home.
    If Gov. Calvo plans to do this to the FSMers I hope he plans to do the same thing to all the other Prisoners who are not US citizens and give them the same choice that he plans to give to the FS of Mers....
    If not, then this is a crack of bull.....
  • As stated earlier in this thread, Calvo is now seeking to remove a Phillipine national.

http://www.khou.com/news/guam-governor-orders-2-more-convicts-removed-from-island/313502170
  • What matters to you most, FSMERS!

Be truthful, that is all we should ask of each other!! If these were your kids, what would you prefer, deportation or prison time!!

Tirow
  • Meze-chun, THOSE ARE NOT KIDS, They are convicts. So your "kids" bluff carries no weight usun chok ena governor epue ne tinano chon finipin non kanapus merika. Onowe sotup Mitemo, Guam ngeni Chuuk o Guam ngeni Merika, meni e ekispensif.