BREAKING: Trump Fires 50 Tomahawk Missiles At Syrian Airfield That Launched Gas Attack

April 6, 2017
On Thursday evening, President Trump ordered a missile strike against an airfield in Syria reportedly responsible for the chemical gas attack on civilians this week. According to NBC News, some fifty Tomahawk missiles were fired at the Ash Sha-irat airfield in Homs province from a ship in the Mediterranean Sea.

Earlier this afternoon, Russia warned the United States at the United Nations over a possible strike against Syria. Those comments came after the Trump administration’s revised assessment that Syrian dictator Bashar Assad needed to be ousted from power, and after Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said there was “no doubt in our minds” that Assad was responsible for the gas attack, which killed at least 25 children, and told Russia to “consider carefully their continued support of the Assad regime.”

United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley stated today, “Russia cannot escape responsibility for this. They chose to close their eyes to the barbarity. They defied the conscience of the world.”

Days before the gas attack, members of the Trump administration said that the United States had no interest in ousting Assad. 

Trump is scheduled to speak with the press shortly.

This story will be updated as events develop.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15205/breaking-trump-fires-50-tomahawk-missiles-syrian-ben-shapiro

Comments

• Big Bad Boy Trump in action , cheers!
  • This is a response to the chemical attack carried out by the Assad regime against its own civilians 1 day ago. Being a leader means acting at the moment the crisis happens. And this is what Trump did. Sadly if this was Obama he would have held another press conference and condemn the attack and do nothing.
  • Maybe divert news attention from the Russian communication claims coming out on headlines. Always a good reason to attack and it's usually not solely for humanitarian response. The puppets strings grew out already!
  • Going on 9 months and no evidence of Russian -Trump connection. What Kent of puppet attack his master? With each day the entire democrat notion of Russian-Trump connection is coming apart.
  • All these came about because the Assad regime used Sarin gas to attack its own people. This is the reason why Trump ordered the targeted missile attack on that air base. Its where the chemical weapons were fired from.

• FLASHBACK: Obama’s National Security Adviser Said Chemical Weapons Were Gone In Syria

That paragon of truth, former Obama national security adviser Susan Rice, bragged as recently as January that the Obama Administration successfully removed chemical weapons from Syria, a claim that seems ludicrous in light of the Syrian regime’s use of sarin gas in its attack on Idlib this week.

Rice told :

We were able to find a solution that didn't necessitate the use of force that actually removed the chemical weapons that were known from Syria, in a way that the use of force would never have accomplished. Our aim in contemplating the use of force following the use of chemical weapons in August of 2013 was not to intervene in the civil war, not to become involved in the combat between Assad and the opposition, but to deal with the threat of chemical weapons by virtue of the diplomacy that we did with Russia and with the Security Council. We were able to get the Syrian government to voluntarily and verifiably give up its chemical weapons stockpile.

Tell that to the Syrian children who suffocated to death from the recent attack. In the understatement of the century from government officials, Reuters reported:

Rice’s record of honesty and integrity is unassailable, as is well known, given her insistence that the Benghazi attack was the result of an Internet video, her comments regarding Bowe Bergdahl, and her claim that she knew nothing about unmasking Trump officials' identities in intelligence reports.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15215/flashback-obamas-national-security-advisor-said-hank-berrien
  • Last night, President Trump launched $70 million worth of Tomahawk missiles into a Syrian regime airfield, ostensibly in response to the Assad government’s April 4th sarin gas attack on the village of Khan Sheikhoun which killed nearly a hundred people.

But it appears the message was lost on sadistic murderer Bashar al-Assad, who promptly dropped chlorine bombs on the al-Qaboun area of the East Ghouta suburbs of Damascus this morning.

The choice of East Ghouta is significant because that was the same suburb that Assad pounded with sarin rockets in 2013, killing 1400 and prompting Obama to plan his Syria strikes.

-Colin Taylor
  • In 2013, the Republican-controlled congress obstructed President Obama's efforts to intervene in Syria after Assad killed more than 1300 people (including countless women and children) with sarin gas (and other poison gasses). The gruesome images broadcast throughout the world, sickening as they are, were similar in 2013 and this past week in 2017. The humanitarian crises have gotten much worse during those years. The current president broadcast countless tweets against US intervention in Syria in 2013. Not one, NOT EVEN ONE, of those tweets mentioned the horror of innocent people, even children, dying a heinous death from sarin gas.
    So, forgive me, but I simply don't believe that the current president cares one iota about those little babies and children who were among the approximately 80 people killed in the most recent sarin gas attack in Syria. He cares only for his own self-interests, and he badly needed to change the subject. And the Republican congress figuratively stands up and cheers. The hypocrisy makes me sick. While I wait for Muslim Ban 3.0.
  • Sarin is no joke.
  • Lindapei u probably never borne a battle or humanity at it worse.
  • @Ina Chok you said: "In 2013, the Republican-controlled congress obstructed President Obama's efforts to intervene in Syria after Assad killed more than 1300 people (including countless women and children) with sarin gas (and other poison gasses)."

For over 70 years US Presidents have launch attack on foreign countries without congressional approval. For example The President can send in Marines to any hotspot around the globe for 60-90days without congressional approval. Obama had that option but like spineless president he was he choose not to. Why? He only care only for his legacy's which Trump is dismantling. Obama had the ball in his court but he didn't take the initiative. Trump said not to attack Syria in his many tweets but when present situation arises he choose to act. That's the difference between him and Obama. Obama threw the so called red line and when Syria crossed that red line he never acted. He had the options of doing so without congressional approval but he shied away from his duty all for the name of his legacy. To say congress which was controlled by Republicans was in the way was the reason he/Obama didn't act is ludicrous because he had the authority to act without congressional approval.
  • @Ina Chok, how funny liberals are to bring up the amount of $$$ Trump wasted on bombing Syria when America dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016. And that's just 2016 one year out of 8 which Obama bombed the hell out of 9 countries in the middle east. How many millions or billions were spend during those 8 Obama years bombing the middle east. Democrats should not bring up the cause because under them the US amassed $20 trillion in debt. Hypocrisy as its best.
  • Liberals are just pissed Trump is bombing ISIS into kingdom come. Lets not forget it was under Obama that isis came to be and under Obama US funded and trained ISIS. Are you guys mad Trump is killing off Obamas creation?
  • Aaahaha! Actually Bush's failed Iraq war created ISIS....Who knows what might come out of a US-Syria war? Hopefully not another rise in fuel cost. I can barely afford the price of fuel for my lawn more as it is.
  • Sorry ISIS was created in 2008. It came about when Obama pulled out US troops from Iraq. Which then ISIS split off of AQI. Its well documented how ISIS came to be and how the Obama administration was caught a few years back funding and training it along with Al Nusra. Even Dulsey Cabbard a Democrat senator from Hawaii said a few months back after she visited Syria said that The Obama administration is responsible for ISIS. Hahah
  • Any robust understanding of the ominous rise of ISIS must circle back to the tragic actions of George W. Bush, who lost his way almost immediately after the 9/11 attacks that killed nearly 3,000 Americans as they went about their daily routines in their own land. The powerful events of that fateful day demonstrated that America had a new enemy that needed to be understood fully. The enemy was Islamist radicalism, a substantial body of sentiment within the broader world of Islam.

Bush quickly concluded that Islamist radicalism was a warped and alien impulse within Islam that could be countered by demonstrating to mainstream Muslims the virtues and joys of Western democratic institutions. This was his first mistake. Islamist radicalism is a natural outgrowth of fundamental Islamic sentiments that have contributed to centuries of hostility between the West and Islam. As the late Harvard political scientist Samuel P. Huntington has written, “Some Westerners…have argued that the West does not have a problem with Islam but only with violent Islamist extremists."
  • Trump's tweets reveal the real reason for his macho military action in Syria. He is trying to raise his low approval ratings. image
  • @Tokyo, priviledge male like yourself can't speak for anyone but yourself. I am reading along. I can't say these are not valid points but no one here is a foreign policy expert. Many faceless aliases with vague names...much like anonymous. Can't believe everything i hear here. I've only met 2 people in the past 8 years who have a spec of integrity to face their own words.

Sorry ya'll, CNN and Fox is eating up these news. I will never say yes to foreign invasion or genocide so I'm split and will read up before I can make a statement. Please carry on folks. My question is why now when the attacks have been going on for so long? All started with protests, why not the first action as a president to win popularity? Trump condradicts himself. The timing is a bit odd during an administration shake up. Just an observation on my end. Never said it was a wrong move. He is the Commander in Chief.