RMI Introduce CONCON BILL TO LEGALIZE GAY MARRIAGE IN RMI

A Bill is within the work in the RMI to legalize gay Marriage in the Marshalls. So far the Bill has been met with stiff resistance with majority of the citizens of RMI in the home islands and abroad opposing it. The Bill does have supporters and they are in the minority. Rumour has it that the bill was introduced by the majority party of President Hilda Heine. The Marshall islands journal, the only newspaper in the Marshalls which was founded by American Joe Murphy has taken a side and its the side of the Pro-Gay in the RMI. The major supporters of this bill in the RMI are all American ExPats who were all former peace corps volunteers who were once teachers in the RMI who have stayed in the RMI and married to local women. One of the loudest supporter for this Bill is none other then Jack Neithenthal the same American who was allowed to run government in the RMI who is the head of RMI Red Cross. The opposing side are the traditional leaders, The Christian Churches in the RMI and more then half the Marshallese population.

My prediction is this, the Bill will be passed. Even with majority of the people strongly opposing it. Like the Bill that took away the right of Marshallese living in the USA which was also passed with majority opposing this bill will also be passed. From what I gather from Marshallese who oppose this Bill, this bill is a opportunity for the Hilda Heines Party to get their name on the History books.

Comments

• ARE YOU NUTS! NO LESBIANS AND HOMOS ALLOWED IN MICRONESIA ~ IT IS ILLEGAL!!
  • Immoral maybe. I may have missed the law to that effect.
  • This is what happens when ex pats especially former peace corps volunteers settle in the islands and try to mettle is internal politics. We in fsm should learn from this. Its apparently cLear that the majority party of Hilda Hienes is taking advice from these expats.