35% of Americans approve of Trump's job performance, 64% disapprove

June 16th 2017

President Donald Trump's latest job approval and disapproval ratings spell more bad news for an administration currently swept up in controversy.

Just 35 percent of Americans say they approve of the job the president is doing, while a staggering 64 percent say they disapprove, according to poll released on Friday conducted by the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.

Trump's disapproval increased by 6 percentage points from 58 percent back in May to now 64 percent.

The latest new survey shows a sharp drop in support overall for the president, whose approval rating fell 7 percentage points in the last month to hit one of his lowest points yet.

The president boasted on Twitter Friday about the latest Rasmussen poll which has him at a 50 percent approval rating. The survey has been a consistent outlier, often showing Trump with higher numbers than other major surveys.

In terms of issues, health care emerged as a sore spot for the president in the AP poll, with 66 percent of Americans surveyed saying they disapprove of Trump's handling of the issue.

Sixty-four percent, nearly the same number in relation to health care, are unhappy with the president's handling of climate change issues -- this coming on the heels of Trump's announcing he was withdrawing the United States from the Paris Agreement earlier in June.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/06/16/poll-trump-approval-rating-sinks-as-russian-investigation-heats/22364842/

Comments

• Approve Disapprove Spread
    RCP Average 5/30 - 6/15 39.9 53.6 -13.7
    Gallup 6/13 - 6/15 38 57 -19
    Rasmussen 6/13 - 6/15 50 50 Tie
    Economist 6/11 - 6/13 42 51 -9
    Reuters 6/9 - 6/13 40 56 -16
    CNBC 6/9 - 6/12 37 51 -14
    PPP (D) 6/9 - 6/11 41 52 -11
    Quinnipiac 5/31 - 6/6 34 57 -23
    IBD/TIPP 5/30 - 6/6 37 55

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html
  • Exactly. Trump is sinking in the polls.
  • Exactly. Trump is sinking in the polls.

Its the opposite of that. Last poll he was in the 30s now the latest polls show him 40-50s. How is it sinking when 40 and 50 comes after 50? Sinking would be 30-20s.
  • RCP Poll is 39.9 Approval
    Gallop Poll is 38 approval
    Rasmussen Poll is 50 approval
    Economist Poll is 42 approval
    Rueter Poll is 40 approval
    CNBC Poll is 37 approval
    PPP poll is 41 approval
    Quinnipiac poll is 34 approval
    IBD poll is 37 approval

So how is it going worst? And like I said its just polls. These the same polls that said he couldn't win. So I can't really trust them when only thousands and sometimes 100-400 people are polled. These numbers don't represent the 60 Million Americans who voted for Trump.

Red indicates votes for Trump (Republicans) while Blue for Hillary (Democrats).
  • Some polls are correct; some are wrong; some are really wrong. I remember when some polls were saying that Hillary had 90% of winning the election.

So I am going to wait for the polls that will come at the end of this year after the Congress has approved his major agenda items: the Trump tax cuts; Trump's revisions of Obamacare; progress of the Wall; negotiations of trade agreements with different countries such as Canada, Mexico, China, Germany, etc.

It probably won't be easy since the Democrats have publicly stated that they will resist. I am sure people, whether pro or against him, will be able to look at his performance in a different light when viewed against the constant negatives from his opponents. I hope it will get better.
  • "Grab the pussy"-Trump
  • MAGA - Making Attorneys Great Again
  • Its a uphill battle but like the elections it will be accomplished.