Medical Marijuana

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, glaucoma, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Not sure but I invest every month in three types of stocks. One of them is AbbVie Stock. It is in the medical marijuana. The company is doing well for being only four years old. If the stock is doing well then those medical cannabis ought to be worthwhile.
  • If I'm not mistaken, the legalization of marijuana is the topic of this year's FSM Law Day debates in Chuuk.
  • How many doctor in FSM have the full knowledge of the medicals marijuana treatment? What does marijuana
    cure?
  • heavy use of marijuana, as in regular smoking the dope, increases ones state of paranoia. Only use as directed by certified physicians for medicinal marijuana.

It is not something that anybody can just go out harvest it and eat it, smoke it, or apply it on your diabetic caused wound...

Use with extreme precaution

DO NOT SMOKE AND DRIVE, DIVE, SWIM, DO HEAVY DUTY WORK, OPERATE EQUIPMENT.

DO NOT EAT AFTER SMOKING MARIJUANA
  • I greatly hope our archipelago is not missed lead into ​believing that medical mj is for us. Our grossly/inadequately trained health services providers could dangerously ​venture into something foreign to them and the end result could be disastrous instead of beneficial. We don't have the specially trained teams to begin proper diagnosis, treatment and follow through on its progress or regress.
  • Because marijuana is a Schedule I controlled substance [in the U.S.], it has to be tested under the strictest of circumstances. But the few marijuana studies that we have seen show great potential for the advancement of medicine, leading prominent experts such as CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta to change their mind regarding legalization.

If you are still on the fence about marijuana legalization, here are 10 surprising health benefits to consider.

1. It can stop HIV from spreading throughout the body

In perhaps the most unexpected news yet, scientists announced last month that THC, an active ingredient in cannabis, was effective in stopping the spread of HIV in monkeys. The monkeys that received daily THC doses had higher levels of healthy cells as well.

2. It slows the progression of Alzheimer's

During his much-lauded congressional appearance as an Alzheimer's activist, actor Seth Rogen joked, "This has nothing to do with the legalization of marijuana." Well, he might be surprised to learn that it does.

A 2006 study found that marijuana can block an enzyme that is behind the progression of Alzheimer's. It also prevents "protein clumps that can inhibit cognition and memory."

3. It slows the spread of cancer cells

A 2012 study found that a marijuana compound "can stop metastasis in some kinds of aggressive cancer." Last year, a similar study found that certain non-psychoactive cannabinoids "resulted in dramatic reductions in cell viability" and "caused a simultaneous arrest at all phases of the cell cycle" in leukemia cells.

Researchers in the U.K. have already been able to use marijuana compounds to kill cancer cells in leukemia patients.

4. It is an active pain reliever

Marijuana's anti-inflammatory pain relief has shown to be effective in treating a host of illnesses and conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and migraines. The effects "are several hundred times more powerful than that of aspirin."

5. It can prevent or help with opiate addiction

Because marijuana acts as such effective medication, it can reduce dependence on opiate-based medication, which has more addictive qualities.

6. It combats depression, anxiety and ADHD

A 2005 study found that "those who consume marijuana occasionally or even daily have lower levels of depressive symptoms than those who have never tried marijuana." In small doses, it relieves anxiety and symptoms of ADHD.

7. It can treat epilepsy and Tourette's

In December, the FDA gave the go-ahead to study the efficacy of medicinal marijuana in treating pediatric epilepsy. Research has shown that it can alleviate symptoms of Tourette's in certain cases as well.

A Colorado non-profit has already developed a strain called "Charlotte's Web," which they provide for free to those who suffer from epilepsy, Parkinson's and similar conditions. The strain is named after a 6-year-old epileptic patient who inspired the move.

8. It can help with other neurological damage, such as concussions and strokes

Research indicates that marijuana has neuroprotective qualities, which can limit neurological damage after stroke or trauma. There has already been talk over where the NFL could introduce marijuana to deal with concussions.

Even NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell signaled his willingness to consider the idea: "We will follow medicine and if they determine this could be a proper usage in any context, we will consider that," he said in January.

9. It can prevent blindness from glaucoma

By decreasing the pressure inside the eye, marijuana can prevent blindness for those who suffer from glaucoma. Research found that marijuana was effective in lowering eye pressure when ingested orally, intravenously or by inhalation.

10. It's connected to lower insulin levels in diabetics

"The most important finding is that current users of marijuana appeared to have better carbohydrate metabolism than nonusers," according to a Harvard researcher. The 2005-2010 study found that "the current marijuana users showed fasting insulin levels that were 16% lower than those of former or never users, along with a 17% reduction in another measure of insulin resistance as well."

https://mic.com/articles/84675/10-surprising-health-benefits-of-medical-marijuana#.aMQWAs6HW
  • This stuff grows wild all over Asia which is the birth place of the Wisdom of Peace as taught in many Eastern Cosmologies both ancient and recent. It is most likely not an accident that Eastern Cosmologies are all founded upon the Wisdom of Peace which permeates throughout the teachings of ancient Chinese philosophers such as Confucious, Lao-Tzu, and even modern ones such as the late Bruce Lee.

Even the fictitious teachings of the Jedi are wholly based on the collective foundations of modern and ancient Eastern Cosmologies. Taoism, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc are all based on this Wisdom of Peace.

• The liberals and their drugs they do love them.
  • I am in support of it's Medical Uses full stop!
  • Very unique/sensitive issue. Our regions don't have the experty/finance to launch such a program. Let's see if we can develop our resources first and then work from there.
  • Its not what we want or support its the need to find cure in this world!..too many unwanted disease flying around and so many less knowledge, so if Marjuana can help, let it rise. what do you know, maybe its the cure for every disease on the face of this Earth..who knows........
  • I know for a fact that mj won't cure your ED, Glad.
  • Marijuana is a gateway drug.
  • Healer or killer
  • Your brain is the greatest healer. Doctors prescribed water based meds vs real meds to help them diagnose. Most of the time the water based meds Trump chemical based medicine.
  • I have used it. And it really helped me to cure the migraine and depression. It is true and not jokes or games of legalizers
  • Many have tried the processed version for medical purposes and many have proven it effective. Those are places where scientists are abundant and land is massive to cultivate the plant and process them to become the medicine we all talk about. So many of the places that have done their research/studies and have weighed the pros and cons make it legal.

How many doctors have got who can honestly tell us through personal researches that the coconut is good for our health, and to prove the theory? None in Micronesia has done that. But we all know the coconut is native to our islands and we know it has always been used since ever since.

Marijuana came to Micronesia with a very bad image by the elders ever since its introduction to us. Today's elders was the age group that introduce Marijuana.

Although Marijuana may not have as much problem as alcoholic beverages, we all should not be too fast in allowing its legalization unless it is in the processed form for medicinial use.