FSMTC Cell Numbers

Just recently I have been receiving promotion text message from Pohnpei Cinemas. Who authorizes Pohnpei Cinemas to access cell phone numbers issued by FSMTC. I understand all cell owners subscribed to FSMTC cell service have been blooded with same promotion. Can FSMTC gives out cell phone numbers without consent of cell owners?

Comments

• "YES WE CAN" - New slogan for FSMTC.
  • Guys, there is an upcoming FSMTC sponsored "fishing tournament" with a top prize of $1,000! You don't need a boat to register nor expensive lures to join. All you need is your mobile phone, sufficient balance and the capability to SMS the word FISH to 503. You will get a reply SMS informing of what kind fish caught, weight, your rank (by accumulated total weight of fish) and location of your catch in FSM waters.

Cost of each SMS is $0.40. The more you fish, the better your chances of winning $1,000.

Game runs from August 01, 2017 - August 31, 2017.

Good luck and happy fishing!
  • I've gotten the same texts, coconut wireless. On the one hand, I like Pohnpei Cinema because it ensures I have the opportunity to see movies like Alien: Covenant or Wonder Woman. On the other hand, I have no friends and so only expect text messages from my wife.

If I had to make an educated guess, I imagine FSMTC sells the capacity to market to FSMTC subscribers which would simultaneously allow businesses to market themselves (e.g. we all know Spider-Man: Homecoming is in the cinema now) while earning FSMTC an income stream to presumably help improve its capacity to strengthen cellphone and internet services.
  • Don't be fooled. The Pohnpei Cinema is one of the Perman's business connection. Now does that answer your question?