Palau hosts 30th Pacific Educational Conference

Palau hosts 30th Pacific Educational Conference

19 Jul 2017

KOROR (RNZI/Pacnews) — An educationist says greater collaboration is needed to improve teaching practices across the Pacific.

Andrew Tabelual was speaking ahead of the 30th Pacific Educational Conference, which takes place this week in Palau.
Over 400 people will attend the biennial event including delegates from the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Northern Mariana Islands and American Samoa.

Tabelaul, from Palau’s Ministry of Education, said the focus of the conference was quality and sustainability in education for student success.

“What can we share as a diverse entity in the Pacific? Something that will be an asset to our teachers and our educational systems. Something we’ll be able to use in the classroom for our children tomorrow and the day after. Our students should be able to be who they are as islanders and, at the same time, also be able to cope effectively with the challenges of the 21st century,” said Tabelual.

Tabelaul said the Palau National Congress gave the conference committee $50,000 for resources and hosting guests for the conference.

School principals and teachers in Palau helped with costs by holding fundraisers leading up to the event.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the best event for our educators to connect and broaden their horizon as teachers and mentors of our future leaders and working citizens of our beloved nations. I hope the host country will not fall short on their expectations. I know we always try our very best to accommodate and oblige to every needs and conveniences of our guests.

I wish them the best and I hope they can implement all the event has to offer to return to their nations and incorporate them into their curriculum and lesson plans.

For the future of all our nations, let us continue to put education on the platform of our nation building.

Comments