$150 Million for Infrastructure Projects across Micronesia

edited August 4 in General
U.S. Department of the Interior
June 30, 2017
HONOLULU, HI — Delegations representing the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) and the United States of America (U.S.) reached an agreement that enables $150 million of public infrastructure assistance to be used for projects across the four FSM states of Chuuk, Pohnpei, Yap, and Kosrae, as provided for under U.S. Public Law 108- 188 or the Compact of Free Association, as amended.
The delegations met in Honolulu, Hawaii on June 28 – 29, 2017, to discuss issues related to the provision of public infrastructure grant assistance provided to the FSM under the Amended Compact of Free Association between the two governments. The meeting was held to address and resolve concerns that led to the U.S. Government’s April 27, 2017, suspension of Compact infrastructure sector grants.

READ MORE AT: http://www.kpress.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=681:fsm-and-u-s-officials-lift-suspension-on-compact-public-infrastructure-grant-funding&catid=8&Itemid=103

Public infrastructure? Where do you reckon this money will go? Will it be used wisely? I really hope so, it would do Micronesia wellimageimageimage

Comments

• imageall will go to pohnpei, other islands will get 0,001 % no it will not be used wisely, much will be stolen by greedy policitians.
  • @eneas956, I hope not, this would be sad truth
  • That is very unlikely. I doubt PNI alone can consume that budget. Getting grant release is not that easy. Loads of work is put in just to get grants for project designs. Contract money is release as work progress. Certain % needs to be done before the funds are released.

Politicians getting the money must be a smart guy tied up in either AE or contractor. Where did that .001% come from? All the estimated costs are disclosed in the IDP. Amounts change as the workscopes are clarified.
  • All that millions used in fsm all these years showed very little to no improvement...Lol