NOKO's nuclear/hydrogen bomb test in Pacific Ocean will be environment disaster

I think the US should take the position that the waters within the boundaries or near the FAS countries should be off-limit to any testing of hydrogen or nuclear devise by NOKO. Given that these devises are very much stronger than previously tested devised, the negative impact on the environment--marine life including fishing in the high seas as well as natural support systems of the island nations--will be huge.

FAS countries do expect protections by the US as per COFA agreements. Our marine ecosystems are fragile; so we cannot afford any detonation of nuclear devise in open areas of the Pacific Ocean near our region. Just some scary thoughts as Uhn might "marry" a nuclear devise with one of his rockets; and shoot it to any where in the Pacific Ocean.

Comments

• Yes it will be a disaster but the bigger issue is where in the Pacific would NOKO test it at? Some say it will be in the waters near its territory or around its 200 EEZ. What the NOKOs don't understand is that this is the excuse Trump will use to go in and use his war card.

On a side note the liberal media and left wingers in general for some reason support NOKOs leader and bashed their own President.
  • I've read that there is a new agreement but I don't know how it differs from the one already signed. I heard that Palau had signed but RMI Pres is still evaluating her position. I'll find out more and will post a follow-up.
  • According to the Marshall Islands Journal report, there is a "new global treaty which seeks to immediately eliminate nuclear weapons". RMI President agrees with the rest of the world about this need; and has agreed to have consultation with her constituents before she signs. I think that is a wise move; and in consideration of the Compact's security provisions in regards to US assurance of defense of the FAS.

The question is if the US hands is tied by this Treaty, will NOKO's Un be bound by it. Would it be willing to denuclearize? I don't think so. NOKO is intentionally building nuclear capability so that it can "join" the world community; so that the world community would recognize her as a nuclear state. With that mentality, NOKO will not voluntarily denuclearize until forced by China, Russia and US to do so.

These are the 3 nuclear countries that have the most number of nuclear weapons in their inventory. These nuclear weapons were the reason they had that "mutual destruction assurance" strategy during the cold war which eventually lead to the collapse of the former USSR.

My thinking is that the COFA nations should not do anything to "tie the hands" of the US when it comes to implementing its commitment for a total 100% security of the FAS: RMI, ROP and FSM.

I think that as long as NOKO's Un knows and is convinced that US will use its nuclear weapon on NOKO if threatened, Un will not shoot any missile with nuclear tip toward Guam, Hawaii, Japan, S. Korea and the US mainland. We, the FAS countries, would like to be under the same umbrella of protection by the US as promised in the Compact of Free Association agreements. Just some thoughts.
  • Spot on observation marc.
  • " We, the FAS countries, would like to be under the same umbrella of protection by the US as promised in the Compact of Free Association agreements. Just some thoughts."

marc, the FAS countries ARE under the same umbrella of protection by the US as promised in the Compact of Free Association.

For example, in July, the United States submitted a proposal to the Palau government for use of several locations to install a series of radar towers around the island archipelago. This comes at a time of heightened tension with North Korea, which recently threatened to fire ballistic missiles near Guam.

“The radar systems will provide Palau enhanced maritime law enforcement capability in its territorial waters and exclusive economic zone while also providing the United States with greater air domain awareness for aviation safety and security,” said a joint statement from the Office of the President of Palau and the U.S. Embassy in Koror.

Identified locations for air and maritime radar system sites include two designated areas for the air and five for maritime towers.
  • FactsM: If those radar/listening posts are made, Palau will be the first to be hit to "blind" Guam and then missiles will make you and me all just about everyone in our region be another dispensable casualties of war. We already know that Trump thinks that territories like Puerto Rico are dispensable. Guam and the rest of us are in the same boat. U.S. history is full of battle cries - "Remember the Alamo," "Remember the Maine," "Remember Pearl Harbor," "Remember 9/11" and now it will be "Remember Guam, Saipan, Palau and the FSM." He is provoking the guy armed with nuclear weapons with "fire and fury" and "total destruction" because he can't wait to get the American public to give his green-light to hurt innocent people who a governed by another crazy person. War will make Trump's buddies richer with weapons building.

Guam is only a target because Ohio Class and LA Class submarines with nuclear weapons and Tomahawk missles, B-2s and B-1s stationed there. What will happen if those military assets leave today? Exactly. People are safe and talking off their big mouths thousands of miles away while our existence is being weighed and measured in terms of "collateral damage" by the military brass.
  • Guam has its own radars, US also has radars in southern korea and Japan and ships with radars floating around the korean waters and the one in marsall islands. The kim guy will focus first on those with closest us troop levels like southern korea and Japan.
  • Geographically, Palau is not an ideal location to track missiles fired from North Korea because Palau is very far to the south of North Korea and Kim Jong Un's threatened targets....Japan, South Korea, Guam, Alaska, and Hawaii.

The five maritime radars on Palau will, however, detect unlicensed fishing vessels poaching in Palauan waters. Palau is happy about that.
  • I don't believe for one tiny bit that these are maritime radars for only keeping track of ships. The military is involved. They are not going to tell us the full capability of these radars or their purposes other than what they want us to know.

Palau is not happy from what the reaction of palauans on this move by the US. But what can palau do they signed the dotted line.
  • Palau, Marshalls and FSM are modern and politically correct territories of the U.S. We are like the Indian Nations in the Plains and Southwest. Told that we are "independent" but controlled by Department of Interior. The world was fooled after the trusteeship ended and we signed away our rights with the compacts "in perpetuity" or forever. Rights to military bases and installations but no real defense except for Guam and Saipan, the de jure territories. Since we are de facto territories, we can be treated like nothing. NOKO keep threatening to put fire around Guam. This means waters of Yap and Chuuk and U.S. have said nothing about our Compact and their duty to stop NOKO from firing on Chuuk and Yap outer-islands. No Ageis destroyers, no THAAD and no anti-aircraft batteries. I just hope that NOKO does not figure out that we are illegal territories and fire on us as practice. Hell, NOKO's H-Bomb, even if done in their EEZ, will affect us some but not as bad the U.S. series of N, A, and H bombs downwind from Enewetok - just miles away from Pingelap.
  • “The radar systems will provide Palau enhanced maritime law enforcement capability in its territorial waters and exclusive economic zone while also providing the United States with greater air domain awareness for aviation safety and security,” said a joint statement from the Office of the President of Palau and the U.S. Embassy in Koror.
  • Great discussion, agreement will be signed at the next week's JCM Meeting in Honolulu. It is a different world that we live in today. Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail, otherwise, we will have to meet our maker sooner. We try to help out and at the same time pray for the best outcome of this stalemate.
  • imagevery good information to discuss about our future