Chuuk State Lawmakers fixing to raise their salaries

It was discussed yesterday between the house of representative and senate joint conference when they try to tackle the FY18 Budget. The budget was put on hold due to some lawmakers not agreeing to increase their salaries, which was also included in the FY18 Budget. The house of repesentatives were mostly against raising such due to the hardship that our state is facing. It has been noted that the senate members were for the raise.

Come on chuuk state lawmakers why not take care of the government employees first that are long overdue for a raise then just maybe you can think about giving yourself a raise.

Talk about taking care of yourself and not thinking of the well being of the state. Lets prioritize what is urgent not the lawmakers salares. What makes them believe they deserve a raise???

Comments

• O me o my, there's something critically wrong here, Ekieki.
    How could the lawmakers so blindly irresponsible insensitive.
    Or they are just plain dumb.
    God in your mercy shine some light please.
  • That is nothing compared to what the Yap State Legislature did. While the government step increase is still on "freeze" the Yap State Legislature to the next step by doubling their official allowances. Salary increase has tax and S.S. that would be taken out from, but official allowances, that is TAX FREE and while they boast on air about being transparent, none of their constituents know what their official allowance is being used for. Some say cover personal loans, others say buy cars, and one of them I know for sure uses his allowance every Christmas to buy meat for his entire election district. Relax Chuukese, your CSL ain't as bad as you think it is.
  • Mwa met ren ena sokkun ekiek ese fakkun eoch, repwene pusin en me kuta ar nge nikitano manawen nour sheep.. Upwe mwo kapas ais.. Met murimurin ewe 72 hrs noun chon angangen Government? a fen ettta won 80 nge use chok sinei? Fanimoch achengicheng Senators me Representatives, ouse mochen oupwe emwouna ne pusin kutta manawemi nge nikiti manawen noumi aramas mi osupwang.. kinisou chapur.

Kepwan Efich
    Kepwan Oput.
  • Ngese mwa i a nom non anon ewe re Tol we, " Fewiochun ir mi tipachem ren am mi tiparoch." Fake New pwan Fake New chok.
  • I learned in my Computer Science 101 class the term, "Garbage In, Garbage Out." The people of Chuuk must pull their heads out and see what is going on around them.
  • Congratulations to our Chuuk Lawmakers for increasing their salaries. The question now is when will they increase the wages for the governent employees?