l

l

Comments

• Emilie, I think your questions are difficult to answer because I think they are intrusive to the Yap traditional ways--which are not written but practiced faithfully; and are understood within the traditional thinking of the Yapese people.

If you want to get a sense of the Yap-related issues, I would suggest that you do google search as there already are written materials that might bring you some light and lead you to better understanding of what I am saying. I am not from Yap but I do have great respect to the Yapese people and their traditional ways. It would be equivalent to blasphemy for me to convey to you, thru this public Forum, what I might know or heard of the Yapese traditional ways and cultures. I am sure other non-Yapese posters in this Forum do feel the same way. Hope you understand. From Kolonia, but wishing I was in Colonia this day.
  • I've been with Yapese before so I think I can share. Prosperity is a big thing to them; if you approach them in a humble way they will try to undermine you. They think the FSMers are dumb and can't wait to reunite with Palau. Pohnpeian, Kosraen and Chuukese will share everything. Yapese don't. For me, it is a system that is played out and have no place in the modern world.