CFC

There are a few of us working on getting Micronesian NGO's registered with CFC to try and give service members a "Micronesian Option" to giving. Let our brothers and sisters know this is coming. Hopefully sooner than later.

Comments

• Who is CFC? Is this Caroline Fisheries Corporation?
  • I'm sorry. I should have clarified.

In the US, service members are encouraged to donate to causes they believe in. All organization eligible to receive donations are listed by a service provided by OPM, US Government. That service is called the Combined Federal Campaign or CFC. Generally speaking, service members will allot a small amount, monthly and are rewarded by command for engaging in the spirit of community by getting days off and other incentives.
  • Ship-Hoops, Inc., a Wisconsin non-profit corporation, is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization operating the Akoyikoyi School in Chuuk. Its US EIN is 47-2286652. You can Google "Akoyikoyi School" and learn more. Let me know if you need more information.
  • @SaremChuuk

Are they listed with CFC?
  • I don't know, but I would doubt it. Maybe you could contact the CFC through your local rep and ask how a charity gets listed. I know they are doing good work in Chuuk and are a qualified charitable/educational NGO.
  • As I stated in the OP. I am compiling the registration requirements and will make them available soon.