CAN A FRAGMENTED MICRONESIA BE STRONGER THAN WHEN IT WAS UNITED POLITICALLY?

The island nations which emerged from the region commonly known as Micronesia which was a ward of the United Nations under trusteeship mandate granted the United States of America may be in a position of strength to negotiate for greater economic benefits and recognition from the USA than ever before. Before you shoot down this idea as crazy, let us turn to current world events and the policies of the major countries which have an interest in the Pacific Ocean. If the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Republic of Belau, Federated States of Micronesia, and the Republic of the Marshall Islands join forces and start making waves, there is a very likely possibility the USA will pay attention

Comments

• Please read the article "Why The Pacific Matters" in the Pacific Island Times. Please Google Pacific Island Times because I do not know how to copy the link and post it here in the device I am using.
  • The only thing in the way to make this idea bare fruit is the compact of free association with the united states. To end the compact as amended, it is stated that the united is committed to assist the region even if the compact is terminated by each COFA states meaning a new set of agreement can be renegotiated, the term " free to associated with any other nation is the thing that differentiated each and divide the COFA from becoming a one powerful unity, the free association is the issue of becoming one united micronesia
  • I think otherwise. Look at CNMI, Palau and RMI. Do you think they are weaker than the United Micronesia in this regard, the FSM? I personally think that FSM is not stronger than these three Nations or shall I say two Nations because CNMI is actually USA because of the Passport they possess. The only thing I could say that FSM leads is with our population but, when you look at areas where it shows strength, socio-economic standings, GDP's and such, you would realize that being separated is more beneficial. Mind you ROP and RMI are ahead of us in these measurable standards. This is a fact. We should seriously think about this and take appropriate measures. I said this on all our behalfs.
  • Thank you FactsMatter for the link.
  • Good question.
  • edited July 14
    It is in fact a good question...
    For me a united nation tends to be stronger tha a divided one.Please Visit!
    Please Visit!
    Please Visit!
    Please Visit!
    Please Visit!
  • To directly respond to this discussion, facts should be careful assessed. We are fortunate because there is evidence either for pros/cons.
  • yeah but the evident tell it all that no matter what where and when, these small land nations must stick as one to protect their interest around the globe,, take the PNA for an example?. the bread winner for the entire region..?