Road Maintenance Fee

I sure am glad Pohnpei State is using my road maintenance fee to keep up the roads.
They're doing a fine job filling in the pot-holes.

Comments

• LOL.........What maintenance? So Pohnpei State Legislature claimed when they passed the bill that the additional increase of Vehicle registration will go to that, but to date, the roads have been deteriorated worst.

I wonder what are they saying now? It's campaign season again for the state so I believe that we should CHANGE ALL OF THE CURRENT SITTING MEMBERS with an exception of one or two.

Just sad..........very sad.
  • I love the sarcasm.

PAC, we need to change the members. I agree.
  • microsprings, you have my vote. No but seriously, this is a bad reflection of what they represent. They are showing us that there are no checks and balance in our system.

So they passed a law increasing the vehicle registration, then who ensures that the funds collected goes to maintaining the roads? What entity in the state government monitors when and where and etc., this should be done?

Now each one of our existing senators are going around bragging about how they lobbied each other to pass the recent COLA of $30.00. Give me a break.

I hope they are reading this.
  • Whatever the case is, the public has the right to know.
  • you know..the problem is advertisement and publication is really not working well on the island for most of the government problems are public information but the public doesn't find it important to know such information until it becomes a major gossip around the islands...the compact sectors stop funding for PRM fund which is for the road maintenance therefore the state has to do something to generate the road maintenance fund...sometimes it is not the leaders that are lacking but it us the people serving them and the state..the roads are to be repair, but the project office has an internal break down which cause them to unable to bid out projects since the end of last year til april 2019...now they can start for they already solve the issues of the contracts...be patient maybe by the end of this year the roads will be already good!!
  • Kaselehlie riei ohl kelengik ko, PACLANDS and Microspring2014, I am running again in November and I need your support.....
  • asaf,
    We need a new breed of leaders. We need those who will have a vision of Pohnpei Tomorrow. Not people who is living in the past. You have my support.
  • All four Kitti senators need to go. I wish that I have time to run. I hope Kitti can find four new people. Three of your current four senators must go. Pohnpei needs to change and we must begin with those 23 on the edge of the Hill. I think that 18 of them 23 must go. Mr. Simina, I promise to campaign to my Satawan roots in Sokehs to vote for you. Good luck.
  • 100% Agree with you Microsprings............we need to change 99.9% of our leadership. Their ship has left....
  • Indeed, we must stop the declineimage
  • If we increased the vehicle registration fees for the sole purpose of road maintenance, than we should follow with another law that will address the use of the fee.

PSL or Pohnpei State Finance should be able to report to the general public as to how much this fee has collected and how much the road maintenance fee costs? Otherwise, we will be kept in the dark.

• microspring2014: you are one of the most qualify candidate in the entire municipality of Kitti being a Lawyer. Knowing you, I would challenge you to run. Forget about family connections with the incumbents because I know it is your biggest obstacle. Run, I dare you. Run!
  • fu@k, roads are worst in KSA
  • So all of the sudden PSL has been making a lot of noise on the roads. Why now? What happened to the previous years? Was it that there was no elections upcoming.