"I'm F**ked."

The following is quoted from the Mueller Report, Vol. II, p. 78. It is also page 290 of the full PDF:

On May 17, 2017, Acting Attorney General Rosenstein appointed Robert S. Mueller, III as Special Counsel and authorized him to conduct the Russia investigation and matters that arose from the investigation. The President learned of the Special Counsel’s appointment from Sessions, who was with the President, Hunt [Sessions’ Chief of Staff], and McGahn conducting interviews for a new FBI Director. Sessions stepped out of the Oval Office to take a call from Rosenstein, who told him about the Special Counsel appointment, and Sessions then returned to inform the President of the news. According to notes written by Hunt, when Sessions told the President that a Special Counsel had been appointed, the President slumped back in his chair and said, “Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m fucked.” [Footnotes omitted]

Go ahead and spin that, Creepy Reaper.

Comments

• Hearsay.
  • actually, double hearsay from a potentially bias deep state source. Bottom line: No crime committed.
  • Thanks, z, I had forgotten about the hearsay rule I learned in law school 40 years ago. Except you are full of bull crap when you say the statement is hearsay. Hunt was present when the statement was made, and make specific notes of the statement. Sessions was present when the statement was made, and testified before Mueller that Hunt's notes were an accurate verbatim account of the statement. And Don McGahn, White House Counsel at the time, was also present and heard the statement, and confirmed in testimony before the Special Counsel that he heard the statement, and that Hunt's notes were an accurate rendition of the actual statement made by the president. So if three people were all in the room when the Nazi-in-Chief made the statement, and all three witnesses, one of whom took accurate notes, all say the president said it, where exactly is the hearsay, DF?

Oh, and your bottom line is wrong as well. Mueller never said no crime was committed. He said no crime could be charged because of Department of Justice policy against charging a sitting president. He also said that if his investigation concluded that the Nazi-in-Chief had NOT committed obstruction of justice, he would have said so. The report states that after complete investigation, the Special Counsel could not conclude that the president had not committed obstruction of justice.

In fact he set forth ten examples where Herr Drumpf had in fact committed acts which satisfied all elements of the crime of obstruction beyond a reasonable doubt. If the Nazi-in-Chief were not president, he would be in jail. Wait. He will be indicted the day after he leaves office.

Or do you believe he will declare himself King of the United States for life?

If you are going to assert the hearsay rule, learn what it is. If you are going to quote the Attorney General, then remember that he, like you, has drunk the cool aid.
  • Of all the things written in the 400+ pages of Muller's report, you have chosen to highlight "I'm f**ked". What is your point? Does it have legal implications?

Or you don't like it because it shows the foul language of a common man who has become the President; who continues to express himself in private, at times, with such language?

If he had said it in a public speech, I would also join you in condemning him for disrespecting people. But if he said it in private, like many of us who have used such foul language in the past, I think you and others should allow some room for people to be free to say whatever they want to say. Just curious.
  • First, I did not highlight Trump's words. Trump spoke them. If you find the word vulgar, look to the President.

But to your point, why focus on his vulgarity? The answer is in part linked to the fact situation which confronted the President. A week earlier he had fired Director Comey, expecting it would be the end of the Russia investigation. When he was informed that firing Comey had not worked, and in fact had led to the appointment of a Special Counsel, his response was negative. What if he had responded "I'm doomed" or "I'm in big trouble."? The meaning, which is the important fact here, would be the same.

And the response does in fact have "legal consequences." As has been expressed on numerous occasions over the past couple of days by lawyers much smarter than I, former DoJ prosecutors, the response to learning of Mueller's appointment was an expression of the President's "consciousness of guilt." Evidence of consciousness of guilt is an important element for proving criminal conduct. It may not be evidence that he committed the particular crime, but that he was aware that his prior conduct was criminal.

Would an innocent man, upon learning he was being criminally investigated, respond with "I'm doomed."? Or would an innocent man respond to such information by saying something like "So what? I have not committed any crimes. Let him investigate."?

The President's response clearly indicates that he is not only aware of his past (and present, for that matter) conduct being criminal, but that the investigation would reveal such criminality.

Mueller included that statement in his report because it demonstrates consciousness of guilt. Nothing more or less.

Should I, or should Mueller, cut the President some slack for his language? As I said, Mueller just quoted the President demonstrating consciousness of guilt. The fact that the President chose vulgar language is immaterial and therefore irrelevant. Vulgar or not, his response indicates fear that his criminal conduct would be discovered.

Why did you focus on the language used instead of trying to determine what he meant by his vulgarity?
  • edited April 19
    SaremChuuk, is playing fake new moderator again. She clearly left out the reason why Trump said that word. The background on this "I'm f**ked" is that he said this when he heard a Special counsel was appointed. Because he knew it will take years and it will interfere with him carrying out his campaign promises and domestic and foreign policy. This is clearly outlined in the Mueller report as the reason why he said that.I'm f**ked not because of collusion but I'm f**ked because this will take years and get in my way of doing my job.

And he was right. It took 2 years to investigate and it got in his way and was the sole reason democrats resisted him carrying out his agenda.
  • And this is not a demonstration of quilt but frustration. As outlined in the Mueller report the President said that because he knew the witch hunt which was proved to be a witch hunt by none other than Mueller himself will be the reason for the resistance from his opponent in Congress, SENATE and media. Sarem will not deny this because mueller himself wrote this on his report.

In the end its this. Mueller and his team along with the FBI the Senate intelligence committee along with the house intelligence committee have all come with the same conclusion that There was no conspiracy of collusion between Trump and his campaign with Russia. And no sufficient evidence to prove that obstruction took place.

Here is a sidenote that we also learned from the released report. The Mueller report stated that the Russians started interfering in US elections in the year 2014 it also noted that the Obama administration knew about this since 2014 but did nothing. Obama knew in 2014 yet took no action because he wanted Russia to get on board with his Iran Deal. Obama knew also about these russian interference in 2016 but like in 2014 he and administration did nothing.

He was being flexible as i recall him telling the Russians in that conference. And whats also important is that The Steele Dossier has been discredited by the Mueller investigation because mueller and his team couldn't prove the allegations made by Steel dossier were true. It also prove that the Obama administration and obama led DOJ and FBI knew the steele dossier was unproven and it came from the Hillary Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee yet Obama and his FBI and DOJ went ahead and used it spy and start a investigation on Trump.

• Please provide cite to the page(s) in the Report to which you refer and I will read it and if comment is warranted I will do so. Your other gibberish regarding Obama and the Steele Dossier do not deserve or require a response. Just Fox News talking points.

Find the pages in the Mueller Report that support your contention and cite them in here for those who have access to review.
  • Reaper is making up stories. the fact is, the investigation did not impede the president in doing his job, it was the President who was busy trying to obstruct justice instead of doing his job. if he was not guilty why bothered with the investigation?
  • Democrats want to impeach Trump for saying the "f" word in private. You could sense the liberal tears flowing, again. lol
  • Fifteen democrats and one republican in Mueller's team of bias investigators and still no russian collusion or collaboration. smh.
  • So he's a foul-mouthed person; a fighter; a counter-puncher. He expects people he appoints to do their job including taking positions to promote his agenda/programs that he was elected for. So, it's understandable that when he is disappointed by his staff for not doing their jobs, he can lash out. It's just a normal reaction from an executive who expects 100% performance--no legal splitting hair to it.

He believes that Jeff Session should not have recused himself which turned over the authority to the next guy--Rosenstein--who was/is a deep state personality. Remember that one of strategies for Muller's investigators was to find conflicting words; and then charge somebody for perjury. They did this to Page, Flynn, that Greek Guy and others.

If Trump had agreed to a personal interview, the investigators would have found something silly or misspoken words; and charge him for lying to the FBI.

This is what we're seeing here. A simple "f" word has been picked up; use to describe his intent; and put up as evidence of guilt. So, how could he have had intention to lie about the collusion--when there was no collusion that he was aware of?

So Barr and Rosenstein are right when they cleared him of obstruction. You cannot be charged for obstruction when there is NO underlying crime--when there was collusion which has been the basis for these investigations.

How can Sarem Chuuk and others who were not privy to these discussions to judge and determine Trump's intention? It doe not make sense but I'll leave it to Trump's enemies to make their points--since there is no collusion and no obstruction.
  • From your question, would it be fair for me to presume that you, Marc, were privy to, and have knowledge of the “perjury trap” you so glibly allege? On what basis do you argue for a different intent? Do you have the legal training to assert that Barr (Rosenstein was a prop) is correct?

The report speaks for itself. I am sorry to see that you too have drunk the cool aid.
  • Don't worry; no cool-aid here. But isn't it a matter of law (I am not a lawyer except fundamentals of business laws) that if there was no underlying crime (collusion with Russia), then, there is no basis for obstruction? If I am wrong with my views here, please explain your legal theory and some legal citations; so I can learn and understand.
  • The simple answer is that in this case there is and was an underlying crime: The attack by Russia on the 2016 election. Taking steps to impede or obstruct that investigation, for whatever reason, which is what Trump did, is obstruction of a valid criminal investigation. It does not matter that Trump or his campaign did not conspire with Russia to influence the election. What Russia did was a crime. What Mueller did was investigate that crime. And what Trump did is attempt to obstruct Mueller's investigation. The mistake is to believe that Trump or his campaign conspired with Russia. Not necessary. All that is necessary is that there was a valid investigation into criminal conduct that Trump tried to prevent or end.

I have never studied this area of law, just common sense. You could Google "obstruction of justice without underlying crime" and see what turns up.
  • There you go again, Sarem, confusing us with the law and with the facts. lol
  • Sorry FM, I lost my head. It's around here somewhere. I'll try to do better in the future.
  • This thread began with the "f" word said in private and evolved to obstruction of justice...??? ...and google has the answers? FactsMatter is not the only one who is confused.
  • Sorry you are confused, z. Maybe you should read the Report.
  • Thia entire thing started because Democrats sold us on the idea (a fake one) that Trump and his campaign colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election Hillary Clinton. Muellers report concluded on the irrefutable fact that he President of the United States did not conspire with the Russians, Neither did his family, Neither did his friends, Neither did his campaign. Not one single American, after all that, has been indicted or charged with any crime for conspiring with the Russians in any way, shape, or form to steal the 2016 election

The Steele Dossier is central in this entire thing because its what got the investigation on the now debunked Democrats conspiracy theory started. The Mueller report also debunked and dismissed the allegations made by the steel Dossier which the Democratic National Committee paid for.

Mueller report mention and cite steele dossiee

1.Mueller Report Likely to Renew Scrutiny of Steele Dossier
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/19/us/politics/steele-dossier-mueller-report.html

2.Mueller report confirms the Steele dossier belongs in the dustbin of history
    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/435872-mueller-confirms-the-steele-dossier-belongs-in-the-dustbin-of-history?amp

Special counsel Robert Mueller found that the two most dramatic claims in British ex-spy Christopher Steele’s now-infamous dossier likely lacked substance: that former Trump attorney Michael Cohen met with Putin operatives in Prague in the summer of 2016 and that the Russians obtained compromising material on Trump.

Mueller’s report confirmed that Cohen “had never traveled to Prague,” and referred to the existence of compromising tapes of Trump as an “unverified allegation.”

Because Steele's dossier was used in applications for surveillance under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz, who is inspecting FISA abuse, is reportedly focusing on Steele. Steele has declined to cooperate with the probe.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mueller-undercuts-two-of-dossiers-biggest-claims-as-steele-comes-under-scrutiny?_amp=true
  • @SaremChuuk, stop spreadingfake news in here. Give the entire context not just small part of it. You misrepresent the context to make it seems like the President said that to express quilt. But when the entire context of the comment is put forward you will see that it was frustration not quilt that made him says: Im f--ked. I've put the entire context below along with the website that leads to the entire Mueller report. Again Sarem Stop selling fake news.

this is from the Mueller Report:
    [W]hen Sessions told the President that a Special Counsel had been appointed, the President slumped back in his chair and said, “Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m f***ed.” The President became angry and lambasted the Attorney General for his decision to recuse from the investigation, stating, “How could you let this happen, Jeff?”

The President said the position of Attorney General was his most important appointment and that Sessions had “let [him] down,” contrasting him to Eric Holder and Robert Kennedy. Sessions recalled that the President said to him, “you were supposed to protect me,” or words to that effect. The President returned to the consequences of the appointment and said, “Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency . It takes years and years and I won’t be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me.”
    https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5955210-Redacted-Mueller-Report.html
  • As we all can see this is no admission of quilt. Just democrats and their media making stuff up without the entire context.

Sarem will say the Steele Dossier warrants no attention well she is lying again. Its the smoking gun Democrats and the Obama administration used to kick start this entire Russian investigation. The next few months and the next 2 years will be interesting. I promise you guys that. It will unravel how and when and who of the Obama administration that used and approved the Steele dossier to spy on Trump and his campaign. Lets not forget the Steele dossier was paid for as opposition research by the Clinton campaign of 2016 and the Democratic National Committee.

Stay tune because the real investigation is starting.
  • Happy Easter guys.

• I'm Fucked is all you got out from a 400 page report by Democrats for Democrats that showed no collusion and no obstruction and total exoneration. Now you and the elite media is trying to paint a picture of guilt because he said I'm fucked. If thats all you got then your fucked. How can he be guilty of something Mueller and 13 Democrats found him innocent of? That is where your entire guilt argument folds.

He is guilty of collusion because he said im fucked, while Mueller found no collusion. How does that work?
  • He says full PDF yet does not cite nor give the web address only what he took out of the entire page. Our friend @SaremChuuk has learned from the media and Democrats on how to spin and misrepresent the facts and repeat the same narrative.

Guys i said this on this forum back in 2017 that Mueller will find nothing. It was @SaremChuuk who called me Nazi and a white supremacist because 2 years ago i said and predicted what the Mueller report also says. No collusion! The evidence of no collusion were there in plain sight for us all to see. But hatred, pure hatred and the refusal to accept that Trump won in 2016 led us to believe the Democrat and media narrative that Trump conspired with Russians in 2016 to steal the elections from Hillary.

The is no ground or evidence to prosecute for collusion nor obstruction. None whatsoever. The Mueller report is clear on that. But that won't stop the the far alt left-Democrats from proceeding to impeach Trump. Lets hope they go ahead and impeach Trump. I really hope they do. Without evidences there is no case. The more they focus on this the more they prove Trumps point and the more they focus on Trump they waste whats left of their control of the House.

I think Republicans will take back the house in 2020 and keep their majority in the Senate. When this happens get ready for a little payback.
  • I'm "fucked" is a admission of guilt.. very simple and clear
  • the entire thing started because, Trumps own aid got drunk and start spilling the beans, form that, Australian high officer relay to US.. stop spreading wrongful allegations.
  • @visafree, wrong. You really are learning from your Fake Jewish friend @SaremChuuk. Admission of guilt to a crime that never committed. lol

@visafree, How can the elections be hacked when obama himself said they can't be hacked?

Democrats were confident they would win in 2016. That is why The Obama administration cleared Hillary of any wrongdoings regarding her email scandal. They used a Dossier paid for by DNC and Clinton to investigate Trump months before the election started. They used same dossier to get FISA warrants to tap Trumps phones. And they omitted from the FISA courts and hid the fact that the source of information for their FISA warrant came from the DNC and Hillary CAMPAIGN. When Hillary lost the Obama administration leaked everything to the media days before handing over the Whitehouse to Trump.

Russia did try to interfere but failed. Because no votes were changed or altered during the 2016 election. No American have been charged and indicted with conspiracy to influence the 2016 election.

Like Anunaki pointed out, how can someone be guilty of something they never did? In what alternative reality does this play out to the way democrats want? He is definitely guilty of something the investigators cleared him of. Only in the resistance alternative reality would this fly along with pigs with wings.

Good day.
  • This is not about Obama, this is about Trump lawlessness act, and its all in the report, I hope you take time to read because you seems to be lost in the past..
  • This is about to be about Obama visafree. The Mueller report mentions Obama a few times and how he dropped the ball and shirked his duty and responsibility to protect America from Russia. As the report stated this is not the first time this happened. it happened a few times under Obama and he didn't do a thing.

What i meant about this is about to be about Obama is because the wheels are now being turned and the full might of the Justice department and Executive branch are about to be considerated on why obama allowed this to happen, why his administration used that 35 page dossier to investigate Trump, why his FBI used a man who had biased against Trump to investigate Hillary than investigate Trump.

The dogs are about to do a 360 and from the elephant house to go sniff out things at the house of the donkey.