Iran crisis: THOUSANDS of extra US troops sent to Middle East as Trump prepares for WW3

THE US is deploying a further 3,500 troops to the Middle East as Donald Trump prepares for World War 3 following the killing of Iranian General Qassem Soleimani.

The Pentagon said the Immediate Response Force (IRF) brigade of the 82nd Airborne Division was being deployed.

It said in a statement: "The brigade will deploy to Kuwait as an appropriate and precautionary action in response to increased threat levels against U.S. personnel and facilities, and will assist in reconstituting the reserve.

Fears over World War 3 have been ramped up significantly after the United States killed the Iranian General and head of the elite Quds Force in an air strike on Baghdad airport, ordered by Donald Trump.

The US said the killing was aimed at disrupting an imminent attack from Iran, with Mr Trump claiming Soleimani was plotting to kill “many more” Americans.

But Iran has quickly retaliated by promising vengeance against the US for the attack.

Soleimani was regarded as the second most powerful figure in Iran after Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

The overnight killing marks a dramatic escalation in a shadow war in the Middle East between Iran and the US and its allies, principally Israel and Saudi Arabia.

Iran President Hassan Rouhani said the killing would also stiffen Iranian resistance to the US, while the Revolutionary Guards said anti-US forces would exact revenge across the Muslim world.

Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi said the assassinations breached his country's sovereignty and would lead to war.

Israel has put its army on high alert, while Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu defended the US action.

US allies in Europe including Britain, France and Germany, have all voiced their concern about the escalation in tensions.

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has also called for "maximum restraint".

"This is a moment in which leaders must exercise maximum restraint. The world cannot afford another war in the Gulf."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1223713/iran-news-world-war-3-us-airstrikes-donald-trump-extra-troops-middle-east-qassem-soleimani

Comments

• where are the brown ass Trump supporters in this forum? they better get ready because deployment in taking place as of now. complement from your commander in chief..
  • I would not worry about the US preparedness. As of over 20 years ago, the US was preparing its plan and assets to fight three (3) world wars simultaneously; and expect to win all of them. Today, with all the advances in war machines, technologies, intelligence, I would not be surprised if the US is prepared to fight and win at least 5 world wars at the same time with the expectation of winning them all.

Having said the above, one of the main reasons the US had to have this strategy in place--is so that nobody--no nation--would make a miscalculation. I think the big players such as Russia, China, Pakistan, and others know this strategy that the US had developed; and would not join Iran.

As such, I believe nobody will join Iran to fight the US. Yes, there will be skirmishes on the part of Iran but that will be limited--to the extent that the US is willing to tolerate them. Nobody wants war. The US does not want war. President Trump does not believe in Regime change. But if the Mullahs made a miscalculation, their Regime might collapse. These are just assumptions based on materials already available online for all to read.
  • This time US alone will fight the entire middle east with no support from the allies.. Trump's wishes and he's got it!. I think they should charge Trump with war crime and lock him up in prison .

• Good idea, visafree. image
  • We need some of those towers by the border, to keep Democrats from crossing over.