Chuuk State Gubernatorial Election 2021

Imagine my complete surprise when surfing the web that an election was held in Chuuk on March 2, 2021, and nobody posted any results in here. Not only that, because the no candidate won 50% of the vote, Chuuk State held a runoff election for Governor on March 30, 2021.

So allow me to be the first in this Forum to officially congratulate Alexander Narruhn and Mekichiosy William for winning the runoff election against Ben Enlet and Mars Akapito. Of course these are unofficial results, and may be contested (election contest lawsuits are the second most popular lawsuits in Chuuk State, behind land dispute lawsuits), but they are as official as things may ever get in Chuuk.

The team of Narruhn/William obtained 8,654 votes in the runoff, and the team of Enlet/Akapito obtained 8,190 votes. So CONGRATULATIONS to Alex Narruhn and Mekichiosy William! Results can be found here:

https://sites.google.com/isolutionsmicronesia.fm/chuukelections2021/home

Correct me if I am wrong, but if memory serves the new Governor and Lt. Governor will be sworn in around the first week in May. Here's hoping that they will bring good governance to Chuuk State, and future prosperity.

Comments