What DAY of a week is Sabbath Day?

Comments

• edited December 2014
    "It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict you souls; in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath. (Leviticus 23:32) You see my friend TruthIsThat what you wrote is absolutely different from what is written in the bible. It doesn't said that from sundown of friday and ends at sundown of saturday. I don't know what your doing but I think your contradicting what was first written in the bible. You put your own words to that particular verse which is irrelevant at all. 

I know that you faithful individual in your church which I have no objections to that whatsoever but I think you need to be precise in your elaborations about what the bible said. 
    :)>- [-O<
  • " . . .from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath." (KJV)

" . . . from evening to evening, you shall celebrate your sabbath." (NKJV)

Now when evening had come, because it was the Preparation Day, that is the day before the Sabbath, Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent council member, who was himself waiting for the kingdom of God, coming and taking the courage, went in to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. (Mark 15: 42, NKJV).

That day was the Preparation, and the Sabbath drew near. (Luke 23:54, NKJV)

Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment. (Luke 23:56, NKJV)

Now when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him. Very early in the morning, on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen. And they said among themselves, "Who will roll away the stone from the door of the tomb for us? But when they looked up, they saw that the stone had been rolled away--for it was very large. (Mark 16:1-3, NKJV).

Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. Then as they afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, saying, 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and, the third day rise again.' " (Luke 24:1-6, NKJV).

The Last Supper was on Thursday night. Jesus was taken from the Garden of Gethsamene on the same Thursday night, was crucified on the cross at about 9:00 in the morning on Friday and died on the cross about 3:00 in the afternoon on the same Friday. He was placed in the tomb without embalming the body because there was not enough time left before the start of the Sabbath. On the Sabbath, Jesus rested in the tomb and was resurrected in the early morning of the first day (Sunday) of the week. 

Even in death, Jesus rested on the Sabbath Day.

God bless you all.
  • i fail to see the significance of the Sabbath day whether it is Saturday or Sunday. God will listen 24/7. whether you gather in worship with 1 million people or by yourself. I doubt he will listen harder to your prayer on Saturday more than Sunday. am i mistaken, can you prove me wrong? let the verses fly...
  • Also in this verse it said in the ninth day of the month at even. You know my friend I believe you should study more about this Sabbath day whether its really a Saturday cause this verse you've share really explains it all that in the ninth day of the month and never did said on saturday at all. Also you put up times for Jesus Christ's crucifixion. Could you please show us where that was mentioned in the bible? 
  • pekalong.

Thank you for your inquiry and concern for clarification and proof. Please consider the following.

(1) Sabbath Day/Saturday = This all happened on Friday, the day of preparation, the day before the Sabbath. As evening approached, Joseph of Arimathea took a risk and went to Pilate and asked for Jesus' body. (Joseph was an honored member of the high council, and he was waiting for the Kingdom of God to come.) Pilate couldn't believe that Jesus was already dead so he called for the Roman officer and asked if he had died yet. The officer confirmed that Jesus was dead, so Pilate told Joseph he could have the body. Joseph bought a long sheet of linen cloth. Then he took Jesus' body down from the cross, wrapped it in the cloth, and laid it in a tomb that had been carved out of the rock. Then he rolled a stone in front of the entrance. Mark 15:42, New Living Translation (NLT). See link below.

(2) Time of Jesus Crucifixion = Now it was the third hour, and they crucified Him. ( Mark 15:25, NKJV) And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" And Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and breathed His last. (Mark 15:34, 37, NKJV). For Jewish time divisions, please go to the following link.

I hope the foregoing is helpful.
  • red snapper.

You are correct. God listens to and hears our prayers every day, twenty four hours a day, and seven days a week. God is always ready to help and answers our prayers, if asked with faith, and for good intentions and in accordance to His will.

The significance of the Sabbath is one of loyalty and service. Loyalty and service to God, or loyalty and service to Satan. The Sabbath is God's seal of ownership, while the counterfeit sabbath is Satan's mark of authority. For everything God made, Satan has a counterfeit.

The seventh day Sabbath was blessed by God, and He promised special blessings on the day. The words in Exodus 20:8-11 in the New King James Version (NKJV) talks about the Sabbath in these words. "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it."

Sabbath means rest. God wants us to rest on the Sabbath day. He set aside this day for us to have communion with Him twenty four hours talking to Him, honoring Him and seeking Him. God knows that if we do not spend quality time with Him we will be lured away by Satan to our destruction. God started the fourth commandment with the word remember. This is the only other commandment without a Thou shalt not, or a Thou shall.

The Sabbath is the Lord's Day. See Revelation 1:10; Mark 2:28; Isaiah 58:13; Exodus 20:10.

So the Sabbath is God's creation signifying His awesome powers of the ability to create something out of nothing. The Sabbath manifests God's love for His children, by blessing it and setting it aside for a special day of meeting. It serves as a seal of protection over His loyal children. Those who have the seal are honored and blessed and happy because they know God has made an appointment to meet with them every week of the Sabbath day.

May you be blessed.
  • Where did it said that Sabbath is Saturday my friend? Pleas acknowledge and Isn't Jesus Christ is the Lord? Please acknowledge where in the bible that said or acknowledge about what you've written in the last paragraph? [-O< :)>-
  • pekalong.

(1) The calendar shows the days of the week in an order. What day is the seventh day?

(2) What is your question about Jesus Christ being the Lord? Please ask your question clearly.

(3) What I wrote in the last paragraph. Please study the Bible for yourself. It provides all your answers.
  • Yea the bible said that Jesus Christ is the Lord and you if you really study the bible thoroughly, you may have known. :)>- [-O<
  • pekalong.

Yes, Jesus is Lord. He is the King of kings and Lord of lords. He is Lord of the Sabbath too. He created it. He has not given anyone else the authority to change it. Satan has claimed that this world is his and thinks he has the authority to make changes to God's laws, but he does not. He uses his agents for his purposes, but God still has His people who are loyal to Him. Elijah challenged the 450 prophets of Baal and the 400 prophets of Asherah on Mount Carmel alone and he prevailed. Elijah had the truth and was doing God's work so God gave him victory to show the people His greatness and to let them see the truth.
  • edited December 2014
    Thank you my friend for learning the bible well and know that Jesus Christ is the Lord of everything. The Lord of Sabbath and the Lord of Sunday as well.  :)>- [-O<
  • True indeed Pekalong. But I only see in the bible where it says Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath. Thanks
  • Well so you mean those who go to church on Sunday wold be left out? God will not considered their worships on Sundays? If so, could you please where in the bible that said that? Also is anyone of you have received vision from God and he told him that Sunday worshiping is irrelevant?  :)>- [-O<
  • God's people are in all denomination. Regardless of name of the church because like always said that God sees the heart of man not by the name of the church. In other words, each person will be judge according to his or her knowledge of will of God. But, if I know what the bible says about what is the will of God put in black and white through the life of Jesus when he came the first time, and yet in our mind have set to follow otherwise, then truly our hearts are not right with God but what man told us.

I can't answer that question because I am not a prophet or has any vision given by God to me regarding Sunday worship is irrelevant. In fact, the bible speaks of the day that God rested and allowed it and being kept since the first seven-day of the weekly cycle in the garden of Eden even to time of the apostles. I believe that no one will not be saved because he or she worship on Sunday or any other day of week. But, the point is whether we love God that much not to do as he will us to do is the matter that we need to examine whether our love and trust in His words are genuine or we just want flow with what is common or popular.

In reading the bible, I found that the truth was never and will never be popular till Jesus comes back. Remember the stories of the bible like Noah? All the people laughed and mocked Noah and called him crazy or stupid. Well, we all know end of this story right? And Jesus himself predicted that many will be lost and only few will be saved in the end. I guess, the only thing to say that these people will doubt what God said and go to their own way which suits their liking. But, all these people in the OT and today somehow knew who God is but didn't trust Him enough to go His way but their ways.

Hope this helps my friend. God bless!
  • Exactly my friend sseacher1, Gods people are all over the world today those who are still alive and those who are lying in the grave yards even those who don't want listen to his servants and love to do Satanic works.  :)>- [-O<
  • pekalong.

In Exodus 20:8-11 and in Deuteronomy we read that God blessed the Sabbath day and sanctified it. That means He made it holy. God made the day we now call Sunday too, but He did not make it holy. God said not to work on His holy day. But some people are not obeying God. They work on His holy day, His day of rest. So what is happening? Who is being worshiped? Is it God? No.

• A time will come that God's people will be sealed. They will be protected. Just like the children of Israel on the night God told them to put the blood on their doorposts in Egypt.
  • Thanks TT. But, where would those not sealed in the time you said would be lost or save because they were already dead before this end time God's children sealing?
  • At the end there will be only two groups: (1) Those with the seal of God; and, (2) Those with the mark of the beast.

So when the plagues come God's people will be protected.
  • Everyone is God's.
  • But God will not save those who choose to place themselves in harm's way by obeying Satan. God gave each one of us the freedom of choice to choose how we live.

If we jump off a ten story building without a parachute we will probably die. If we use the elevator or the stairs to get down to ground level we will not die. We make the choice. Follow God and live. Or, follow the enemy and die.
  • Wow! That's a nice question there my friend ssearcher1. Where would those whose already bean death who are not been sealed would be? "Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead. If the dead rise not at all? Why are they then baptized for the dead? Very important guys cause the bible is telling that we should do the work for those who are already been dead who will not rise from their graves. I remembered while back everyone was accusing me about this baptism for the dead issue and now it raised up again. 

The purpose of us LDS having temple buildings build almost all part of the world today is because of this issue that is now raised up again today. In our temples all over the world there are names for all of those who are already been dead, that we who are alive today may have the opportunity to go into these temples and to the works for them which is to do their baptism on their behaves. This is the reason why myself I believe that LDS church is a true church cause they are doing what the Holy Bible said accordingly as what 1 Corinthian 15:19 acknowledged us about. 
    [-O< :)>-
  • God decides in His own time and His own Devine way how to deal with His (all) people
  • The seal of God is not baptism in a temple. A person can be baptized and later on in life choose to disobey. Think about those ex-Mormons. They were baptized but have left the church and gone into the world. Are they still sealed? No. The seal is in the forehead.
  • No my friend pekalong sorry! but the reason for raising that question for those who have already dead before the end time sealing because as been said by our friend and brother TruthIsThat the end time sealing will constitute two groups 1) seal of Christ and 2) is the seal of the devil or mark of the beast. So, I guess during the end time sealings will include both dead and alive at the time of the second coming of Jesus to earth.

In fact, we can argue that God is merciful and intended to save all mankind. But, God also warned us in the bible and foretell what will take place at the end time which I believe we all have read in the bible that there will be two group one with God and saved and the other who opposed and rejected God's gift of mercy through His son Jesus true and only testament will be burned up with the devil or the beast spoken in the book of Revelation.

Baptism of the dead is another issue and don't want to get into that again for we have shared our views and believe we should let it be for one to make the decision he or she would like. By the way, that also tick something in my crazy mind regarding the names written in your church books for those who have been dead and I might say not have been baptized with water and holy spirit. So, here it is, in one thread posted in the forum regarding LDS being authorized by Pohnpei Supreme Court to upload the names of the citizens of Pohnpei online for information to those who need to learn their ancestors or lineage. I think is also a step to make ease for Church to pull up those names of the dead relatives may not have been given the opportunity to be baptized. Is it my friend?
  • edited December 2014
    Maybe you church didn't practice that but us what we did in our temple is that we went there baptized for those who are already dead from our families, relative and those others who needed it, so that they will become new person and have the eternal life. We also ordained them and sealed them to their families so all of them could have the eternal life and have the opportunity to live with God in his kingdom. [-O< :)>-
  • In Thessalonians Paul speaks of those who are "dead in Christ" who will rise. This means they were dead but they will be resurrected in the first resurrection because they are Jesus'. They belong to Him because when they were alive they obeyed whatever light or truth they had. They did not kill, they did not steal, they did not commit adultery, they did not covet, they believed in God. Or if they sinned they were sorry for their sin and stopped their sinful ways. Those people are God's.
  • That's the main reason there my friend ssearch1. To me, I have family members and relatives who haven't received Jesus Chris as their personal savior before the died. Me as a family member, I should do this important work for them to released them from the spirit prison that the bible also acknowledged me about. It really important that we read the bible and understand it thoroughly once again. You people believe that rather go to heaven or go to hell but whats the meaning of the those three glories in which the bible also acknowledged us about? Which the Celestial, Telestial and Terrestrial glory? The bible also acknowledged us about the Perdition, what does this Perdition means? God love everyone, right? So if Jesus Christ will returned whenever and still there are those who are not perfect and have committed only little sin, lets say they borrowed money and haven't paid back yet or there are those who lied a little to others. Would these people will punished like those who absolutely cannot changed from doing bad all and love to obey Satan who love to retaliate others or even killing other? What I believe that the three glories I've shown above are for everyone for the deed they've accomplished or fulfilled while living on this earth. Remember guys that the perdition or hell is only for those who have hardheaded and love to obey Satan.  :)>- [-O< :-h
  • A sin is a sin, regardless of the size. If the sin is not confessed and repented of, the sin is counted against the sinner.

The brevity of the punishment is in the lake of fire. The bigger and more the longer the sinner burns until burned up.

A baptism is not the way to salvation but faith and obedience.

A soul can be imprisoned in sin. It is not free because it is in bondage to Satan. That is what the spirit in prison means.

Jesus also talks of people who are walking but are dead. Same concept.
  • That's is absolutely right my friend TruthIsThat but why is the bible acknowledging us about those who are already been death which their spirit is in the spirit prison. Why is the gospel needed to be preached to them what the bible is also acknowledging us about? I believe if the bible have acknowledged us to do for the death? We don't have any choice. We should abide and comply with. We cannot make up our own excuses and assume that this important work is not valid or acceptable. That's the main reason why I've joined the LDS church cause they are absolutely abiding and complying with the Holy Bible. We read the bible and do our very best to understand it thoroughly and comply with it thoroughly. Other then that if you guys didn't even want to recognized and considered what the bible said, its all up to you guys but I, I will stick to what my church believe and will find out whether I'm in the right path or not on the judgement day form God and Jesus Christ. As the bible acknowledge also that we shouldn't be judging other cause all will be judged according to their deeds.