IS IT TRUE THAT GERMANY IS TAKING OVER CHUUK?

I HEARD THAT GERMANS ARE COMING TO LOOK OVER CHUUK RITE NOW SO THEY CAN MAKE A DEAL WITH THE GOV'T.

Comments

• SORRY DIDNT LOOK AT THE TOPIC CLEARLY..

ARE GERMANS GOING TO TAKE OVER CHUUK?
  • It is complety asinine to pose such a topic, in a question form, without alluding to some kind of authority or source at all. Did you read a newsletter? Did you meet some Germans in Chuuk who told you this? Please tell us more but this time, cite some source of your information.
  • Flipping back on Mr. Ron Suzzek commitment of offering Chuuk huge dollar $$$$$$, Chuukese were blind folded by his commitment, we trusted this guy, and where is the money now? We have to double check these things, we need not to be fooled "again".
  • The Germans in Chuuk are Missionaries. Protestants. They are here looking over their "investments". Churches, Schools (PIBC, Berea etc.), and many Christian lives. Nothing as bad as "TAKING OVER". No worries anisi_chuuk. If you asked me, the ones taking over Chuuk are the Mortlockese.
  • I believed Capt. John Mortlocks may have some blood in him...no? Well, if he didn't, he at least brought the Liebenzell missionaries who spread the Christian faith in some parts of FSM, including the outer islands in Chuuk. I often heard from old people from the Mortlocks referring to names like Herr Begel, Herr Gergedt..etc..mostly Germans missionaries. Now we have Herr Kelau and maybe Herr Juda...or is it Herr Suta? Well, at any rate, in some mysterious ways as a response to the many prayers of the Chuukese people who sought consolation and invoked the greatest assistance of the Almighty, these Germans (as one so claimed in here) might just be the blessing in disguise.

I remember way back in the 70s, the Protestant chapter (UCCP) in Pohnpei declared they didn't need the missionaries anymore as we could stand on our own. Perhaps Chuuk did likewise...and three decades afterward... the devil came back into FSM and had a great ball...particularly with our local missionaries. I would welcome the German missionaries..
  • thank you 82i9er..i heard from some people who just came from there. its allover uog campus..sheeww!!!terrifying..and yea, i think the mortlockese are taking over chuuk.
  • 8193r & anisi_chuuk:

If you cut deep enough into your flesh you will see a little label with the following on it: "Made in the Mortlocks"

If u Chuukese know your history, you will know that y'all came from those islands. Mwa, mwa...
  • ACTUALLY I CAME FROM WAY OUT IN WEITOO.. ENENGEITAW..WHY WHERE ARE YOU FROM JACK?
  • ohh, here and there. why so curious anisi?
  • wanna kno if u chuukese...
  • epek inisi pwan unusen ai ngasangas seni Chuuk
  • aite aite.. peace to you mah bro.. this yo mahn repa.
  • ewer kan. kone kan nonom non kinamwe pwipwi!
  • jackstphen,
    i know my history... i have no mortlockese blood in me! for sure! and no... chuukese didn't come from the mortlocks. lagoon chuukese and mortlockese have totally different ancestors.
  • Saying that Filipino are taking over Micronesia is more believable
  • germany taking over one of the states may never happen..
    the actual process is way complicated than we know...i believe such claims are mere speculation and nothing more than just rumors..
    hence..whether under Germany, the US, or any other superior nation won't change the billion $$$ challenge that is facing our country at the present time...and that is to work our way to ultimately become a capably self-reliant nation..
    forgive me my fellow citizens...but i believe such a change would only tuck the dirt under the rug...let's face the challenge while we can...and actually try to win it..
  • I don't mind the Chinese taking over most of the infrastructures in Chuuk. China is becoming a rival to the big countries in many things. But what I hope China should really do is to develop our fisheries. They like to eat fish and they have the technology to improve our fisheries. I am talking about not only catching the fish but really come out and build Tuna Cannry and other fishing infrastructures. If they build cannarry in fsm they will improve housing for them, they will buy our local produce, build the roads, docks and harbour, and many more. Besides, they will help us maintain them. Look at what they have already provided in Chuuk. A fancy boat that is aircondition and used alot of fuel. The newly renovated Airport Terminal which is now very appealing and fancy but soon will look terrible if we cannot maintain. Lets all follow and support what Governor did invite China Airline and the China Government to come and stay in Chuuk and FSM. After all the Compact Funds is now beginning to get skinnier and the CFCC is doing its best to make it difficult to use the US Dollars. Hello Yuen.
  • Saro,

Please don't let yourself sold on those Chinese. They have not really proven themselves clean in international business and finance. On the fishery infrastructure development issue, I wonder if you are mistaking the Taiwanese Chinese with the Mainland Chinese. The Taiwanese are the ones doing real fisheries development joint venture projects; the Mainland Chinese are the ones conuterfeiting and extorting businesses without showing any remorse for destroying the environment in the process.
  • my fellow micronesians..i'm sorry to be on a different sheet of music here...but i believe you, or anyone should never think of being so reliant on foreign countries in the first place..that kind of mindset is what got us the to our current situations...we are about to kiss every rich nation's butt for pity and some sort of financial assistance...
    how long will it take to end this kind of "please-help-us-we're-poor" behavior???...enough of that mindset..
    what would you rather be...an ass-kisser, or your own boss?..sorry for the language, but we gotta aggressively pursue a course of a self-reliant, and financially capable nation instead of riding out the tide, waiting for pity...
    we gotta work our butts off for our own good..
  • Thoughful and well said, ussr. This is what we get from relying too much on social welfares during the TT. I always told my grandmother that someday I will work hard to buy all the rice and pancakes for her so she won't have to go to the old-age feeding program. The dependency theory!!
  • Turmai,
    actually there were a few guys that became millionaires during the TT era. they may be dead today, but their businesses are still standing and still making (or could've been making) millions for their kids/shareholders. i've always wished i was born to that era. but when i think about computers, ipods, cell-phones, playstation 3, spycams... i change my mind. hehe.
  • anisi_chuuk,
    so if Germany is taking over Chuuk...... who will be Hitler part II???????? the governor??? Hitler's descriptions best fit the director of Finance....... wakakakakkakak!!!!!!! mwa met mwa.... Germany taking over Chuuk??????? ATONG MET!!!!!!!!
  • Taxi-wom thank you very much for the information. I was not mistaking Taiwan with China. However, I will have to be careful about what I proposed. The latest I heard about China is that they are pro environment. Now that oil is found in their jurisdiction the burning of Coal will be decreased and definately will also reduce the pollution in their air. I am confident it will also make some positive impact on their out-look. Still I believe we should explore the possibility of having China continue assisting us on our infrastructure now that they have already just putting one foot in out door-step.
  • NO no no not GERMANS its the HARTMANNS.....
  • How can you even think chuuk will taken over by the mortlockese. theres not enough space to build a civic center, let alone plant a healthy crop to run such kingdom.
  • ... and I thought the Moshlockese are taking over the national government. they're all ova in some key positions: acting secretary foreign affairs; was heading up finance, two are special assistants to the president office; heading up division of health services, head administrative services in congress; and finally head up the supreme court. I forgot the dept of economic affairs ... and i havent even start chuuk state govt yet. are they really smart or is it their charms that work? a chuukese colleague confided that their magics are stronger... then another says they are typically cunning, slick, devious, elusive and are good in finding their relationships to the bosses, even if they had to lie. in short, they hustle! .. thats it, they are like Larry Flynt of Hustler Mag...they simply hustle harder than the rest.
  • Sanser correction it's not Mortlockese it's Germany
  • LOL...my colleague Kenepwanneto! Yes, you're right...the original poster did mentioned Germany, but because they were missionaries from the Liebenzell Chapter which Chuuk Protestant UCC a member, I decided to follow up on that other debate which cited the Mortlockese. But, rest assured... no one is taking over Chuuk; not the Germans nor the Mortlockese. It's just that many Chuukese are leaving Chuuk, and leaving behind the Mortlockese to do the dirty jobs. That's all, I think. LOL!! Cheers!!!
  • SNAPSHOT, MA PARTNER IN HEAVEN U THE ONE MISLEADING THEM.... UMMM MORTLOCKESE DO DIRTY JOBS? WATCH OUT FOR THEM PACHINGKO FOUN ALANG..LOL
  • why you have to humiliate us like that? maybe its true but for my opinion i ever heard about that.
This discussion has been closed.