Chuuk is the Federated States of Micronesia

Well I'll be damned.....the reason why Joe Urusumal got to be president is because the congressmen from Chuuk didn't want their own Redly Killion to be president, which was supposed to be Chuuk's turn for the presidency at the time. and now Pohnpei can't get squat because their good friend, top dawg, Mr. Christian, is outta the picture. I beleive this broke ass State is running the FSM. they take thier local politics and bring it up to the national level, which affects us all. Observe our government becuase Chuuk is the mastermind of FSM's politcs. but then again, i do take my hat off for those cunning rascals...
thanx...this was said with love :D

Comments

• Isokelekel,

I am trying to understand the thrift of your posting which sounds anti-Chuukese, anti-politics and pro-Christian. I may be reading too much into your views, but politics is always part of the leadership selection process played by all states not just Chuuk. It is nothing new. There is no more such thing as a state's turn for the presidency, but Chuuk and Kosrae have waited for about twenty years to occupy the presidency and have finally came through this time. You just have to appreciate our political system and learn to live with it. I hope you are not a racist.
  • Yes, I, too, think that was outstanding achievement by the Chuuk Delegation: To be able to achieve an overdue Chuuk State interest of obtaining the Nation's presidency within a framework of cooperation and mutual respect for all the other state delegations. Nobody can criticize the Chuuk Delegation anymore for always bullying the smaller states.

As one Chuukese community leader in Guam says, the fact that the Chuuk 15th FSM Congressional Delegation worked out a respectable decision with all the four state delegations showed that our Chuukese leaders to the National Government have risen to the occassion, above all the adversities to assure everybody of the beautiful side to Chuukese political leadership based on unity and respect for the minorities.

According to the Chuukese leader in Guam, on hearing the Presidential election news out of Palikir, some Chuukese women at the Dededo Bingo Game could not help cheering wildly for their Chuuk Congressional Delegation members, especially the young members, Senator Tiwiter Aritos, Senator Moses Nelson and Senator Peter Sitan. It was the same cheer that Chuukese women always displayed for exceptional athletic performances during inter-island track and field competitions in the old days, which goes something like this:

"Iwe, iwe, (Senators Aritos and Nelson and Sitan), am ouwa fakkun mwaar...
    Ewe Chok Minen Nom, rese mwo fieng....
    Ausap uta pwata, omi fakkun katakat...
    Nukei, nukei emi, nukei tammei....
    Amo pwunuwem ami upwe fakkun pisiri, akkotuu, ekerikeri....."

That famous Chuukese women cheer could be translated literally like:

"You go, Senators Aritos, and Nelson and Sitan, we are so proud of you...
    You all have come a long ways, baby...
    You have stood tall among your peers, and shine like the Sun...
    Please keep going, and don't look back...
    Wished you were my hubby so I'd hug you, and pinch you,..and take you to Heaven..."

Perhaps some acknowledgement is also due to those unsuccessful candidates who chose not to pursue their legal complaints against the conduct of the election to allow a smooth election of the leadership. Those too are unsung heroes for their abilities to put aside their personal prides and allows the Nation's business to go forward. Congratulations everybody.
  • Chuuk is not the FSM, Isokelekel...but it is a pretty big part of it. Don't say you just understood that now.
This discussion has been closed.