US now has more coronavirus cases than any other country in the world

March 26, 2020

The US now has more coronavirus cases than any other country.

At least 82,404 Americans have been infected with COVID-19, a running count by Johns Hopkins University researchers showed Thursday evening.

China, where the outbreak began, had 81,782 and Italy had 80,589.

New York accounts for a large slice of the US cases, with at least 37,258 reported and 385 deaths.

Other states with high case counts include New Jersey with 6,876, California with 3,894, Michigan with 2,856, and Washington with 2,580, according to local health departments.

The US population is around 330 million — a fraction of China’s is 1.4 billion, but higher than the 60 million in Italy, which became the epicenter of the pandemic in Europe.

More than a half-million people worldwide have caught the illness. At least 120,000 have recovered.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/us-now-has-more-coronavirus-cases-than-any-other-country/

Comments

• Fake news straight out of China
  • Wrong again, Rasta.

It's real news straight out of Washington, DC.

Nice try, though. Keep on lying, my friend.
  • @FactsMatter, no its straight out of the office for public disinformation in Beijing.

Beijing’s Propaganda War to lie to the world about corona virus

After months of staying holed up in the Forbidden City, Mr. Xi finally ventured to Wuhan, the epicenter of the virus, to declare victory over the virus as all the makeshift hospitals have been closed. Yet no one knows if Beijing’s claims that new indigenous cases are slowing down are true or not, given long-standing doubt about the veracity of any official Chinese statistics, and the party’s failure to act in the early days of the coronavirus. Instead of acting with necessary speed and transparency, the party-state looked to its own reputation and legitimacy. It threatened whistleblowers like the late Dr. Li Wenliang, and clamped down on social media to prevent both information about the virus and criticism of the Communist Party and government from spreading.

Unsurprisingly, China also has enablers abroad helping to whitewash Beijing’s culpability. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus refused for months to declare a pandemic, and instead thanked China for “making us safer,” a comment straight out of an Orwell novel. This is the same WHO that has refused to allow Taiwan membership, due undoubtedly to Beijing’s influence over the WHO’s purse strings.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/t/who-officials-praise-president-trump-on-coronavirus-pandemic-response/vp-BB11HRmh
  • LOL So the head of the WHO is not to be believed, according to you?

OK. I don't believe him when he says Trump is doing a good job.

Try to get your propaganda straight, Rasta.

And stop eating those brownies laced with THC.

• The who has not said what you claim to say @FactsMatter. Not even the CDC. Both are clueless to what is happening in China since China has prohibited journalists from reporting and refused to let the WHO enter China.

• Sure. Just like your Denier-in-Chief who refuses to take the pandemic seriously and then blames everyone else for his failure to take responsibility.

Pitiful.
  • I don't repeat chinese state controlled narrative like you @FactsMatter, according to the WHO Trump has acted swiftly and taken steps no other countries have taken in the fight against covid.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/t/who-officials-praise-president-trump-on-coronavirus-pandemic-response/vp-BB11HRmh

@FactsMatter, Trump banned travel to and from china has far back as January of 2020 because of corona viris. And when he did that he was called a racist by your 9 democrats Presidential nominees.

While Democrats in March attack President Donald Trump for not doing enough to end the coronavirus epidemic, the same Democrats were bashing the president’s decision to ban travel from China in January

In January, President Trump banned all foreign nationals who were in China during the time of the coronavirus outbreak from entering the United States. Many pundits and health experts have since credited this decision with helping to slow the coronavirus pandemic on American shores.
    https://nationalfile.com/flashback-biden-opposed-trumps-chinese-coronavirus-travel-ban-as-xenophobia/

• Reaper, you and the Rasta Man need to get your stories straight. You disagree with each other on this issue.

Rasta doesn't trust the head of the WHO....the guy who said Trump is doing "a good job."

Read what your friend Rasta posted above:

"China also has enablers abroad helping to whitewash Beijing’s culpability. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus refused for months to declare a pandemic, and instead thanked China for “making us safer,” a comment straight out of an Orwell novel. This is the same WHO that has refused to allow Taiwan membership, due undoubtedly to Beijing’s influence over the WHO’s purse strings."
  • Trump Jan/2020: I'm ordering a ban on travel to and from China.

Democrats: he is a racist.

WHO: Trump acted swiftly and decisively and he is doing a good job.

Democrats (New Narrative): US lead the world in covid and china has it controlled.

Communist China: image
  • It is under control. Complying with world health organization and other independent health organizations while communist China hasn't.

• Isn't it true, Raper, that you have no fucking idea whether China is complying, or is not complying, with WHO and other independent health organizations requirements in this pandemic? You state categorically that China is not complying, but isn't it true that you really have no fucking idea what China is doing, or not doing? After all, according to YOUR argument, China censors everything, and keeps everything secret. If that is true, as you say it is, then it is impossible for you to have any fucking idea whether China is complying with WHO or not. They may be complying, but keeping their compliance secret, right?

Oh, I see, you are just another idiot who licks pretty pictures.

Make America GAG again.
  • @SaremChuuk, China is not cooperating with the U.N or the WHO. Trump is. We know because the who told the world.

Saw this on the Washington post days ago-World Health Organization: China not sharing data on coronavirus infections among health-care workers
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/world-health-organization-china-not-sharing-data-on-health-care-worker-coronavirus-infections/2020/02/26/28064fda-54e4-11ea-80ce-37a8d4266c09_story.html

China is truthful while the US and CDC and WHO are lying right @SaremChuuk?
  • Learn to read. It would really be helpful to deal in here with a literate person.

Now, where exactly have I said that China is telling the truth? And where exactly have I said that the US and the CDC and the WHO are lying? Nowhere, right?

What I said, picture-licker, is that Raper has no idea whether China is complying with anything, because Raper claims (and you do too) that China is lying. So if China is a liar, then how would anyone know if China was telling the truth sometimes, and lying sometimes, and telling the truth about lying and lying about lying.

It is sort of like saying God is a man. "He". How the hell would anyone know if God is male or female? Because the Bible says so? Maybe the Bible is lying. After all, doesn't the Bible say that God is unknowable by man. And if that is true, then man cannot know whether God is male or female. Man cannot know God, therefor ipso facto man cannot know whether God is male or female.

Do you know why the Bible refers to God as male, even though the Bible says man cannot know God? Because men wrote the Bible. All of it. Women were prohibited from learning to read and write (and still are in some societies). All the scribes who wrote the Bible were men, so they and they alone made God male. But if they could not know God, according to the scripture they alone wrote, then there is no way any of them could have known God was male.

So Raper can claim, and you can claim, that China is lying. All I said is that there is no fucking way either of you can know that, because you say China is lying, and they might sometimes be telling the truth. Do you speak Chinese? Are you a member of the Chinese Communist Party? Or are you just full of shit. I pick the last.

And BTW, if the Washington Post is FAKE NEWS, and cannot be believed, how can you cite to it as authoritative on any subject? Make up your mind, picture-licker.

Make America GAG Again.
  • Reports from China say about 3000 died in Wuhan; and that is it. Now, it's reported that a truck made two (2) deliveries of about 5000 "urns" per delivery to a funeral services company in Wuhan--for a total of 10,000 or so. "Urns" contain the ashes of people who had died; and their bodies were cremated. It's not confirmed if all the "urns" did contain dead people's ashes from the COVID-19 in Wuhan area.
  • So where is this reporting? I don’t necessarily doubt your word, but having a link to the source of your information would be very helpful in determining the credibility of your information.

Just saying.
  • Exactly. "It's been reported" just doesn't cut it.
  • Lol. This is getting out of hand. We now have @SaremChuuk & @FactsMatter BOTH saying China is right while the US and Nato and UN and WHO are lying.
  • If China is right then we are all wrong
  • Only for people who simplistically see every issue as either right or wrong, blue or red, or black or white.

The world is actually a lot more complicated than a simplistic view recognizes, my friends.

Open your eyes, your ears, and your minds. You will be less angry and confused by actual facts.

Listen to Fox News. lol

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-deaths-top-2000-in-us-just-days-after-reaching-1000-mark
  • @FactsMatter, so China is saying the truth? How can that be when the WHO does not know what's happening inside China? You have direct knowledge that the WHO and the CDC are wrong?
  • No, the facts provided by the CDC and the WHO are correct. I have never said that they are not.

Both the CDC and the WHO are reporting that the U.S. has more people sick with COVID-19 than any other country in the world, including China.
  • Hahaha @FactsMatter, the Chinese have train you good.
  • Wrong again, @Reaper. I have nothing to do with China or the Chinese.

I do know that Trump has turned you into one of his trumpaganda puppets, however.
  • @FactsMatter, the Chinese have train you good.